About This Position
The University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine's Comprehensive AIDS Program has an exciting opportunity for a Part-Time Sr. Patient Access Representative. The Sr.Patient Access Representative oversees pre-registration and clearance activities and serves as a functional expert for department peers. Further, the Sr.Patient Access Representative assumes responsibility for documenting all necessary data that will facilitate reimbursement for services rendered by the department. This position is also responsible for assisting HIV/AIDS clients with improving their health outcomes through various evidence-based and grant mandated mechanisms. Reports to the Supervisor of Ryan White Medical Case Management.
The duties and responsibilities for this position may include, but is not limited to:
- Provide "peer support" including orientation and education about health and social service delivery systems
- Assist patients with eligibility for Ryan White and other funding streams to ensure access to care and treatment.
- Accompany clients to appointments for medical care and other services
- Provide information regarding HIV/AIDS and related conditions to ensure medication adherence
- Maintain eligibility information for providing Ryan White and other funding sources
- Interact with clients to ensure required eligibility documentation has been collected and filed
- Collect and report client level data required by funder to maintain eligibility for ongoing funding
- Report findings to Case Manager and Case Manager Supervisor regarding patient challenges
- Attend funder meetings to remain current on standards of care for HIV/AIDS patients.
- Assist in the improvement of centralizing and maintaining database used by various HIV/AIDS service
High school diploma or equivalent with at least three years of relevant experience; one year of experience in the healthcare field, specifically with HIV/AIDS patients. Experienced in use of organized databases and eligibility of patients for healthcare services. Knowledge of generally accepted accounting procedures and principles. Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail. Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion. Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment. Any relevant education, certifications and/or work experience may be considered.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University of Miami School of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.