This is a nationally recognized Company known as one of the leading manufacturers of window and door profiles in the United States, has just created a new position for a Mechanical Design Engineer.
This opportunity is for the individual who wants challenge and to be part of a growing, expanding successful company.
This position is responsible for product design activities including developing new designs and/or improving upon the performance and design of existing products. Will perform engineering analysis to ensure designs meet both cost and performance goals. Manage design schedules, test activities Effectively communicate design progress to the project stakeholders.
* Design Lead: Lead product design activities with assistance from management. This includes product development, continuous improvement and/or research projects. Develop and manage project design schedules. Ensure design activities meet project scope targets and overall project goals. Provide direction and prioritize design activities to design team members.
* Design, Development & Test (DDT): Perform engineering calculations and analysis, and work with vendors to develop production part designs. Develop or review designs to ensure fit, form, and function are correct. Ensure all drawings have the correct dimensions and accurately represent design intent.
* Customer Service and Technical Communication: Communicate product design activities both formally and informally to key project stakeholders. Work with manufacturing engineers, materials, marketing, sales and support, and project managers to achieve project goals.
* Product Knowledge: Become intimately familiar with product components and designs, understanding how design relates to field performance and certification requirements.
Education, Training and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering preferred but not required;
* Knowledge/experience in manufacturing processes, and window and door related experience preferred
* Working knowledge of 2D and 3D Modeling software and Microsoft Office Suite required
* Must have an Engineering background; and have knowledge of business systems and processes
* Must be willing to positively participate and contribute in a team environment, possess self-motivation skills, be dependable and trustworthy
* Must proficiently establish key quality characteristics, tolerances, and test methods to ensure the project objectives are met;
* Must be able to problem-solve, train, direct, and communicate effectively and possess proficient organizational, interpersonal, and multi-tasking abilities
Take the next step in your career as a Mechanical Design Engineer - APPLY TODAY!
Please contact Scott DeWitte directly at email@example.com for more information on this or any other positions you may be interested in.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States over the past 29 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or protected veteran status.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 29 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.