Accountant I - Rentokil Job
|Location: Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
||Date Posted: 1/15/2020
|Job Code: 2020-19903
Purpose of Position
The Accountant I will be involved in cash reconciliation for various bank accounts including the bank accounts for newly acquired companies. Daily tasks will include cash reconciliation, issue resolution and support for field contacts. This role is also responsible to complete the accounting tasks which support cash forecasting.
Other General Accounting tasks will be assigned as needed by the Treasury Manager or Director of Financial Operations.
Primary or Key Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare daily bank account reconciliations for various bank accounts and ensure bank activity is recorded timely and accurately.
- Identify, research and resolve bank account reconciling items.
- Complete analysis of bank and credit card fees and review charges to ensure accuracy.
- Record daily and month-end journal entries and complete general ledger account reconciliations.
- Prepare detailed analysis of all bank account activity to summarize daily cash flow data and complete an analysis of daily cash flow trends.
- Investigate, identify and report cash flow forecast variances.
- Research cash flow trends and provide analysis to aid the development and maintenance of daily cash flow forecasting.
- Learn and provide backup support for team members' cash reconciliations and perform as needed.
- Learn and provide backup support for team members' non-cash reconciliation tasks.
- Complete accounting tasks and special projects as required by management. Keep manager updated on tasks and projects. Complete administrative support responsibilities.
- Able to work independently.
- Possess strong attention to detail, complete work accurately and is highly organized.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Communicate effectively and professionally at all times.
- Work with both internal and external customers to provide or obtain information.
- Adhere to financial reporting deadlines.Work solidly as a team with various departments including AR, Payroll, AP and FP&A.
- Read, write and comprehend written and spoken English to communicate effectively and professionally at all times.
- Use active listening skills and empathy when interacting with others.
- Apply excellent interpersonal skills.
- Possess service orientation with desire to make a positive impact on all customers and colleagues.
- Successfully build a team environment.
- Have a pleasant phone manner and etiquette, with the ability to speak clearly.
- Able to follow written and verbal directions.
- Able to set priorities with little supervision.
- Support team initiatives as defined by Manager.
- Demonstrate effective problem solving skills.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite 2010 or later, especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Have knowledge of Google Suite, especially Google Drive and associated programs frequently used at Rentokil North America.
- Passionate about delivering excellent service to every customer.
- Keep promises.
- Do what they say they will do to delight customers and achieve our goals every day.
- Understand the customer better than anyone.
- Ensure all activities and decisions make life better for customers.
- Value productive, long lasting relationships with our colleagues and customers.
- Communicate well.
- Keep colleagues and customers informed about changes that affect them.
- Listen to people's needs and concerns, and act on what is concerned.
- Honest, focused and straightforward in conversations.
- Work together to deliver great results.
- Support colleagues.
- Treat colleagues with respect and recognize everyone has an important contribution to make.
- Trust colleagues to take ownership of and effectively manage customer relationships.
- Make sure colleagues have the support, tools and training to do their job well.
|Program of Study|
|High School Diploma or GED|
Finance or related field.
|Years of Experience|
|Type of Experience|
|Two to Four (2-4) +|
Two to Four (2-4)
|Cash Reconciliation, General Accounting|
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Rentokil