The Opportunity | Environmental, Safety, and Health Compliance Engineer
The Environmental, Safety, and Health (ESH) engineer is responsible for preparing all environmental permitting correspondence and maintaining environmental permit compliance records. The ESH engineer prepares and conducts ESH training for all personnel and performs in-field surveillances to validate compliance with federal, state, and local regulation as well as company ESH policy. The ESH Engineer maintains all company ESH policies and procedures and performs other ESH related functions as directed by senior management.
Quality Duties & Responsibilities:
* Provides oversight of all operations to ensure compliance with applicable ESH regulations and standards.
* Reviews and disseminates regulatory reference information that may affect facility operations.
* Participates in internal audits and in-process work surveillances, including developing plans, conducting audits, and documenting findings in formal reports.
* Develops ESH programs and manuals for new and existing business.
* Develops and conducts ESH training for manufacturing and office personnel.
* Investigates/Reviews deficiencies. Implements sustainable corrective actions.
* Is a leader in continuous improvement
* Bachelor Degree in a technical, engineering, or science-related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of 9 years relevant experience; or
* Master's Degree in a technical, engineering, or science-related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of 7 years relevant experience
* Must be a sole US citizen and able to obtain and maintain DOD security clearance
* Strong oral and written communication skills with knowledge of MS Office.
* Navy Nuclear Propulsion Program experience
* Independent auditing experience
* Ability to understand statistical inference
* Good presentation skills
* Experience with Environmental, Safety, and Health regulation
Travel and Relocation:
This position will be located in Summerville, South Carolina, but will require up to 50% travel for training in the Wellsville, NY and/or Cheswick, PA facilities prior to opening of the new factory in the fall of 2019.
Critical Skill-Relocation offered if required to compensate some moving expenses to Summerville SC.
This position may require exposure to information, which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.