|Location: Coral Gables, Florida
||Date Posted: 1/13/2020
|Job Code: R100037603
The Marketing Manager manages the day-to-day marketing activities, develops marketing strategies and campaigns, identifies strengths and weaknesses in existing marketing campaigns, and develops pragmatic solutions within budgetary constraints. The objective of this role is to effectively promote and enhance the overall brand of the School of Communication (SoC) as well as the School's programs, faculty, alumni and students, with a focus on recruitment. This position works closely with faculty, Communications Manager, Webmaster, video producer, and School senior management. Reports to the Dean of the School of Communication.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
Digital Marketing, Social Media, and Search Engine Optimization -
- Researches, creates, and implements SoC social media strategy and posts. This includes strategically producing, maintaining and updating content throughout all School social media platforms and websites with the goal of growing amount of relevant followers with increases in engagement.
- Researches and develops strategic marketing campaigns across all social media platforms, including the design, content and maintenance of relevant content on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo, Snapchat, and LinkedIn at all times.
- Assists in the development and scheduling of School email and direct mail campaigns.
- Works to distribute and place SoC videos on a variety of external and internal channels in order to reach a greater audience of potential students, donors and alumni.
- Leads the distribution and placement of content on other websites.
- Measures marketing results against key performance indicators to ensure that efforts have generated awareness, interest, and enrollment from prospective students.
- Monitors information to assure that web sites are accurate, timely and in compliance with the needs and interests of various audiences seeking information about the school.
- Responsible for planning and budgeting all digital marketing.
- Recommends novel and creative growth strategies.
- Leads in the monitoring and responding in a timely fashion to follower comments, direct email requests, and questions through all social media sites.
- Handles special social media requests throughout outside entities such as partner organizations or alumni, for shout outs and announcements.
- Coordinates Instagram take-overs, including outreach for take-overs, coordination of timing and calendar invites, monitoring take-overs at all times and post evaluation and debriefs.
- Plans and executes SEO/SEM, marketing database, research analytics, email, social media, and display advertising campaigns.
- Creates, manages, and measures Google AdWords search and display advertising digital marketing activities, including social media presence, display and search advertising and retargeting efforts.
Video Production for Social Media and Web -
- Assists Broadcast Operations Manager with strategies, concepts, scheduling, and execution of SoC produced videos for SOC social media and website.
- Ensures that all SoC videos meet social media needs for posting, coordinating with Broadcast Operations Manager on size requirements, appropriate cuts, and additional "mini" videos/promos for social media.
- Identifies trends and gather insights from other schools/entities
- Maintains collection of videos for SoC purposes.
General Marketing -
- Researches, creates and implements the SoC ad buys strategies for School programs and miscellaneous events.
- Responsible for planning and budgeting all advertising.
- Researches the target market of publications to create a creative ad concept. Pick out language, photos, layout examples, ad specs and work with outside entity on artwork creation. Manages faculty and staff feedback and additions as requested.
- Management of artwork tracker with deadlines and sizes
- Manages advertising requests from other departments. Serves as the lead in material collection and coordinating the creation of artwork
- Assists in the production of marketing materials, signage, etc.
- Ensures SoC branding is consistent across all marketing mediums and initiatives. This may include email signatures, stationary, brochures, business cards, advertising, etc.
- Creates, identifies, and implements innovative, approaches to recruitment and brand awareness, for a variety of audiences including: potential students, parents, influencers, alumni, donors, and media.
- Create messaging to effectively target all audiences
- Facilitate collaboration among areas of marketing and the faculty to ensure best outcome and brand consistency
- Proofreads marketing materials for clarity, style consistency, spelling and grammar.
- Assists various departments such as Academic Services, with new marketing initiatives (e.g. signage, booths, flyers, postcards, etc.)
Market Research -
- Researches competing programs with a focus on recruitment, promotion/marketing, and social media for best marketing practices.
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights.
Event Marketing Support -
- Develop clear marketing strategies and objectives for SOC events.
- Conducts research on potential guests and communicates with guests and/or their management to collect their marketing materials, put in communication requests for promoting events, etc.
- When requested, attends and serves as the on-site assistant to help with all key individuals/vendors. Provides support for event set up and break down including transporting materials to/from location.
- Assist in creation and concept of marketing materials for events such as brochures, posters, branded items, latest trends, and vendor logistics when needed
- Coordinates social media for events. This includes outside requests, collection of materials, concepts, and execution. This also includes the creation of social media event listings, co-hosting, selection of picture/video for posts.
May supervise student workers.
Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Substantial knowledge and experience in the development and execution of strategic marketing (including digital), advertising, social media and SEO. Additional experience of mass communication, preferred in order to leverage a multi-pronged approach to content delivery
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as excellent written and verbal skills. Copy-writing and copy-editing skills strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities required; flexibility required to change scope or shift projects as necessary
- Strong understanding of marketing tactics, particularly social media and other online advertising
- Excellent project management skills; able to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects and work independently
- Detail-oriented with high accuracy level, Ability to be Independent and self-motivated
- Knowledge of video production preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel; strong computer, Internet and social media skills
- Knowledgeable with Social Tables, Photoshop and InDesign software
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task high volumes of work
MINIMUM education requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field. Master's degree preferred.
MINIMUM Work Experience Requirements:
- 5 years' experience in marketing, communications, or related field, including experience in social media. Experience in higher education preferred.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: University of Miami Health System
|Company: University of Miami Health System