Facilities Operations Control Representative (Coral Gables) Job
|Location: Coral Gables, Florida
||Date Posted: 1/13/2020
|Job Code: R100037657
The Facilities Operations Control Representative serves as a liaison to faculty, staff, and facility managers to ensure the safety of facility occupants and guarantee the smooth operations of all facility functions and operations.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Answers phone calls with appropriate greeting, and addresses and resolves issues or transfers to appropriate staff.
- Enters, transcribes, records, stores or maintains information in written or electronic form.
- Monitors and responds to email requests received through customer service email accounts.
- Ensures that alarm notifications received through electronic monitoring, security or email are accurately reported.
- Oversees work order control and management.
- Distributes office supplies and assists in maintaining uniform inventory.
- Generates process and distribute work orders from online requests queue, phone calls, faxes, walk-ins, and emails.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
High School diploma or equivalent
Certification and Licensing:
Minimum 1 year of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Commitment to the University's core values.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
- Skill in data entry with minimal errors.
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, reports and correspondence.
Department Specific Functions
The more in-depth job duties and responsibilities of the Facilities Operations Control Representative include, but are not limited to:
- Answer phone calls greeting students, faculty and staff and addressing and resolving facilities issues through appropriate channels.
- Assist in the planning, scheduling, coordinating and communication of general maintenance, major repairs, and shutdowns in a timely, effective and efficient manner via various forms of communication, written and orally.
- Maintains consistent and effective communication to administration, management, and field team on day to day operations as well as responding to planned or unplanned special issues, utility disruptions and emergencies.
- Monitor alarm systems such as energy, fire, security, and lift station to mitigate interruptions to University operations and life-safety issues. Work with Energy and Fire Safety shops to ensure alarms received through electronic monitoring system have clear messages and accurate location data. Respond to emergencies and involve mangers, mechanics, and contractors as needed.
- Monitor work orders, preventive maintenance tasks, work requests, projects and workflow via information furnished by the Facilities Managers and ensure that customers are properly informed of status.
- Works with accounting department to reconcile Facilities labor hours for inclusion in the General Ledger upload to the University's mainframe. Review and enter work order labor time in CMMS system to ensure accuracy.
- Supports the creation of the on-call roster and the notification process. Distribute the on-call roster and make changes to roster as needed for planned or unplanned emergencies and day to day operations.
- Prepare & distribute holiday schedules for Facilities Operations and coordinate appropriate levels of coverage for business continuity.
- Provide records or reports pertaining to activities such as production or payroll to verify details, monitor work activities or performance as needed.
- Support training of new Facilities & Operations personnel.
- Participates in departmental meetings and other University committees as requested.
- Serves as an integral member of the university's plan for disaster preparation and recovery.
- Position is essential personnel. Must be able to perform shift work, to respond to after hour's emergency call-in, to work with other crafts and work in environments out of normal duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Resolve customer complaints or answer customers' questions regarding policies and procedures.
- Serves as a liaison to students, parents, faculty, staff and the masters of the Residential Colleges regarding maintenance and projects.
- Works closely with representatives of contracted service, i.e., Environmental Services and elevator maintenance contractor to ensure quality and timeliness of service delivery, and dispatch work.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintain them over time.
- Utilize and promote surveys to gain customer feedback and follow up accordingly to deliver excellence in service.
Work Order Control & Management
- Close work orders after work has been properly annotated and finished by maintenance staff.
- Generate process and distribute work orders from online request queue, phone calls, faxes, walk-ins, emails, maintenance inspections. Schedule & dispatch technicians/contractors for proper routing of work.
- Evaluate and assign proper Access Control levels to online requests for appropriate routing through approval process.
- Monitor overall status of work in progress within the customer & data services area as well as the overall status of work within the trades and zones. Follow up on work in progress (general; respond to inquiries from departments; discuss appropriate response to contractor sub-performance with managers).
- Notify on-call manager and mechanics of after-hour emergencies and maintain timelines for incidents and corrective actions.
- Compile and submit end of shift reports to inform Facilities personnel of activities that transpired after hours and on weekends.
- Performs quality assurance review or work orders to ensure accuracy in work order comments, tasks codes, labor hours.
- Two (2) years of progressive experience in related fields such as: Administrative, Customer Service, Management, Facilities Operations, etc.
- Must have proven emphasis on teamwork, cooperation, customer relations and leadership in problem solving.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Skills in assessing, organizing, prioritizing multiple-tasks, project. Strong skill in written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of databases and their functionality. Preferred knowledge of work order management system.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees; customer-oriented.
- Always act with integrity.
- Be accountable for all aspects of their role and continuously improve.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: University of Miami Health System
|Company: University of Miami Health System