|Employer Name: DESC
|Location: Seattle, Washington
||Date Posted: 1/8/2020
|Wage: 65,316.00 - 73889 Yearly Salary
||Category: Social Services
|Job Code: 116951306
Location: 601 Third Ave, Seattle, WA
Job Title: Contracts Manager
Days Off: Saturday, Sunday
Pay Range: $65,316 - $73,889 annually
Shift: Office Day (9am-5pm)
Location: 601 Offices
Region: Pioneer Square/Downtown
Insurance Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life, Long-term Disability
Other Benefits: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), ORCA card subsidy, Paid Time Off (34 days per year), Retirement Plan
DESC (Downtown Emergency Service Center) is a nonprofit organization working to end the homelessness of vulnerable people, particularly those living with serious mental or addictive illnesses. Through partnerships and an integrated array of comprehensive services, treatment and housing, DESC gives people the opportunity to reach their highest potential.
As the region's leading provider of services to multiply disabled, chronically homeless adults, DESC serves 2,000 people each day through a comprehensive continuum of care which includes emergency shelter and other survival services, mental health care and chemical dependency treatment, employment services and permanent supportive housing. This integrated service model is designed to help disabled homeless men and women secure and maintain appropriate, safe and affordable housing. DESC is recognized nationally and regionally as an innovator in developing solutions to homelessness.
The Contracts Manager supports DESC programs by owning the housing contract management lifecycle. The Contracts Manager will be analyzing, drafting, revising and negotiating contracts, monitoring of contract performance and compliance, recommending improvements and innovations to oversight of contract process and ensuring contract accuracy.
DESC Employee PERKS:
- Over 6 weeks off in the first year of employment
- Opportunities for growth
- Team building and Camaraderie
- Training and Learning that Occurs at your Own Pace
- Great Medical and Dental Benefits
- Week long Orientation and Training
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Track and initiate renewal of contracts and amendments.
- Drive the collection and updating of application and contract renewal materials, including analyzing, drafting, proof reading, and circulating competitive renewals and proposals.
- Developing and analyzing contract level budgets prior to submission to ensure compliance with funding partner program rules.
- Leads and coordinates external audits, monitoring's, file reviews and inspections; develop monitoring plans; conduct quality audits; prepare audit reports and report findings.
- Engaging stakeholders, both internal and external, to resolve contract adherence deficiencies.
- Provides trainings, and ad hoc guidance, on program rules, contract and regulatory requirements.
- Audits housing files and documentation to ensure meets contract and Federal, State and Local housing regulatory requirements.
- Enter and validate data in multiple internal and external databases.
- Recommends innovations and process improvements for contract systems and procedures.
- Develops and integrates contract management tools, templates, methods and processes using tools and templates, prepares and disseminates information regarding contract status, compliance, modifications, etc.
- Compose and execute BAA's/MOUs with partner agencies.
- Serve as a point of contact for resolving and escalation of complex and non-routine contract issues.
- Project manage new government funding applications as required.
- Complete and/or approve reports to funders as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in grants or contract management.
- Experience in budget development.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize own work and meet strict deadlines.
- Experience managing or working with Federal, State and Local public dollars and regulations.
- Experience with, and knowledge of, homeless, low-income housing, and behavioral health funding programs.
- High attention to detail and strong communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and ability to build tracking documents in excel, SharePoint, OneDrive and external databases.
- Relevant Bachelor's degree required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and able to work effectively with staff and public from various backgrounds and disciplines.
- Appropriate safeguarding and handling of confidential and proprietary information.
- Ability to work independently, and act on own initiative, within agency procedural guidelines.
- Subscribe to philosophy of cooperation and continuity across programs, and of consideration and respect for clients.
- Commitment to mission of DESC.
- Experience with and/or understanding of State and Local Homeless/CoC/McKinney/HEARTH/Low Income Housing Tax Credit programs.
- Master's degree in public administration, business, management or related field preferred.
- Experience interpreting technical, legal language and/or Juris Doctor preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required sit for long periods of time, communicate with other employees by talking and hearing, required to lift and carry items weighing up to 25 pounds and to operate computer hardware systems. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DESC is committed to diversity in the workplace and promotes equal employment opportunities for all staff members and applicants. The Agency will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in any employment practice, unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Years of Experience Required: 2
Web Site: https://www.click2apply.net/4d5n4qjqjf6w82j7
|Contact Name: Apply Online
|Company: Human Resources