Accounts Payable Processor Job
|Location: Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
||Date Posted: 1/8/2020
|Job Code: 2019-19100
Accounts Payable Processor I
Purpose of Position
The Accounts Payable Processor is responsible for reviewing and processing all invoices and outgoing payments made by their organization. Their primary duties are to ensure orders and invoices are reconciled by checking that all items are received and paid for in a timely and accurate manner. This also involves working with internal and external stakeholders to research and determine invoice status, making payments for (or returning) non-invoiced items, and ensuring the delivery of missing items. Accounts Payable Processor assist in keeping all department functions and processes in line with standard accounting practices and internal controls. They work closely with other departments such as procurement, accounting to investigate invoice information and assist in resolving disputes.
The majority of Accounts Payable Processor time is spent analyzing invoices and payment processing information, as well as working with stakeholders to resolve payment issues. They also works as a liaison with vendors, and are the second point of contact for internal and external stakeholders in the absence of the department head.
Primary or Key Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Answer inquiries from vendors, suppliers, and colleagues, and research discrepancies
- Process, send and research checks, recording transactions on internal systems
- Analyze, prioritize, code and pay invoices, managing vendor or supplier expectations
- Prepare, enter and maintain filing of Accounts Payable invoices
- Monitor and address inquires sent to the department mailboxes, voicemail and inbox
- Perform timely account reconciliation by verifying entries and comparing to balances
- Issue purchase order amendments, record, code, and ensure timely processing of all invoices
- Obtains w9's, and vendor update information for AP Vendor Relations Coordinator
- Provide support and training to fellow Accounts Payable Clerks, Processors and Specialist
- Assist in mailing of weekly checks, Answering phone calls and emails as needed
- Monitor shared drive for activity and inform the necessary party of action to take
- Back up to AP Processor II to review and approve required purchase journal uploads (i.e. Utility upload, AP Sweep, Consolidated supplier master bill upload files, A/R customer refunds etc.)
- Required to support and train all accounts payable processor and clerk roles as needed or as assigned by department head
- Assist in ad hoc accounts payable functions and tasks as assigned by department head, to include but are not limited to answering phone calls, addressing emails, invoice processing etc.
- Support geographically dispersed groups of colleagues, managers, executive members etc.
- Possess superior organizational and communication skills
- Able to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Identify problems or potential problems and develop solutions with limited assistance
- Have the ambition to achieve goals/objectives and the discipline, organization and perseverance to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Focus on delivering what's required.
- Establish SMART objectives for self and others.
- Be enthusiastic and works with energy to achieve company standards and goals.
- Monitor progress of objectives and take action to ensure delivery to agreed timescales.
- Plan, organize and prioritize workload effectively.
- Able to gather and make sense of large amounts of information and apply it to make business and customer-focused decisions.
- Use business thinking to make decisions.
- Use experience to solve current problems.
- Use a straightforward and practical approach to handling business issues.
- Understand how own actions impact on costs and finds the most cost effective solution to meet needs.
- Manage emotions to remain calm, focused and optimistic while dealing with a constant stream of demands.
- Be aware of own feelings.
- Manage own feelings to remain clear and focused.
- Have positive expectations that things will work out.
- Be aware of own development needs and takes steps to improve these.
- Know how to take care of self to be at one's best.
Coach and Develop
- Encourage the long-term development of others to build capability.
- Give practical support.
- Train team members by giving directions or demonstrations.
- Give practical support or assistance to make job easier for the other individual.
- Ask questions, devise tests, or use other methods to ensure that others have understood.
- Give support to others and praise more than criticizes.
- Recognize success.
Work with Others
- Build relationships and collaborate with others (e.g. customers, colleagues, partners & suppliers) to achieve our mission.
- Be a team player.
- Offer help and advice when asked.
- Be supportive and/or positive of other members of team.
- Share information knowledge and experience freely within own team and with other departments / business units.
- Commit to team decisions.
- Display Leadership
- Inspire others to achieve the company's objectives and to hold them accountable for high standards of performance.
- Communicate expectations and direction.
- Give clear directions - ensuring communications are clear and simple.
- Communicate objectives and share helpful information with the team/individuals.
- Listen to individuals and includes their ideas in decisions made.
- Conduct regular team meetings to share information and listen to ideas and concerns.
- Adapt style to suit customers and colleagues.
|Program of Study|
|High School Diploma or GED|
4 Year degree from an accredited university
Bachelor's Degree - Finance or Accounting
|Years of Experience|
|Type of Experience|
Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite of program with emphasis on fluency in Excel Database
Fluency in Spanish or French
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Some flexibility in hours is allowed with prior approval from department head, but the employee must be available during the "core" work hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and must maintain full-time status.
Some travel may be required.
The person in this role must be able to read, write and type English, as well as clearly hear, understand and speak English.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Rentokil