The Opportunity | Shipping and Receiving Clerk
To assist the Shipping & Receiving Supervisor by processing received goods and shipped product. Insure the paperwork and transactions into the ORACLE ERP control system are complete and accurate.
- Process all incoming goods in a timely fashion, including the preparation of paperwork and all required transactions into ORACLE.
- Deliver appropriate receipt documentation to Production Control and Purchasing and release material to Incoming Inspection.
- Receive Government furnish property in accordance with QCI 1700.
- Process outgoing shipments, including the preparation of paperwork and transactions into ORACLE.
- Insure shipments are packed, packaged, crated and marked to detailed project requirements.
- Perform annual purging of all shipping and receiving files.
- Perform clerical and administrative tasks associated with the department including maintaining an inventory of shipping containers and supplies.
- Perform other tasks directed by the Shipping & Receiving Supervisor.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor.
- Requires minimum (5) years experience as shipping / receiving clerk.
- Some computer skills. ORACLE ERP experience highly desirable
- Physical effort required in lifting in the movement of parts up to 50lbs.
- Valid state motor vehicle operator's license
- Forklift experience required
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.