The Opportunity | NDT Quality Inspector
The Quality Control Inspector conducts inspection and testing of materials, parts, and products to ensure adherence to established standards of strength, quality, cleanliness, and endurance. Inspection responsibilities include dimensional measurement, positive material identification, and non-destructive testing / non-destructive examination (NDT/NDE) including VT, UT, MT, and PT. Additionally, they will conduct material receipt inspections and product pre-shipping/packaging inspections to ensure compliance with technical requirements.
Quality Duties & Responsibilities:
* Provide Level II NDT/NDE inspection per approved VT MT PT, and UT processes
* Perform independent inspection via dimensional measurements
* Perform independent inspections to validate materials, parts, and products meet established standards of strength, quality, cleanliness and endurance.
* Ensure work is done safely and meets quality standards
* Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task
* Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency
* Prepare official NDT inspection reports submittal to the government
* Conduct material receipt and shipping inspections
* Qualified Level II Inspector IAW NAVSEA requirements in Tech pub 271 and ASNT NDT Level II certified
* Ability to read and interpret documents furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form including but not limited to drawings, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, quality manuals, and procedures
* Experience with dimensional measurement using standard equipment such as micrometers, gauges, calipers, surface comparators, CMM, etc.
* Experience with NAVSEA metrology requirements
* Must be a sole US citizen and able to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Navy Nuclear Propulsion Program experience
* Experience with SMAW, GTAW and GMAW welding
* Familiarity with NAVSEA steam plant cleanliness controls and Level I material control
* Experience with Navy, ISO 9001, NQA-1, or 10 CFR 50 compliant quality programs
* Bachelor Degree
This position may require exposure to information, which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.