The Opportunity | Human Resources Manager
Manages the planning, development, implementation, administration, and budgeting of most or all of the following human resource functions: employment, compensation, benefits, employee relations, equal employment opportunity, organizational development, affirmative action, HRIS training, and health and safety services programs. Advises company management in personnel policy and program matters, making or recommending appropriate decisions as consistent with strategic direction. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Assists in the preparation of recommendations to top management concerning human resource policies and practices.
- Works closely with line/staff management and possibly corporate staff management to develop human resource plans and strategies to meet organizational requirements.
- Ensures that programs, practices, and policies comply with applicable laws and regulations. Supervises the preparation or designs and compiles reports as required by legislation or organization needs.
- Regularly serves as HR representative/participant and advises in working groups for corporate initiatives.
- Keeps abreast of trends and changes in Human Resources legislation and makes recommendations to keep the company practices competitive in market and in compliance with state and federal governmental agencies.
- Participates in the establishment of short and long-range HR objectives consistent with organizational strategy.
- Bachelors of Human Resource Development, Business Administration or related field
- PHR preferred
- 4-6 years of relevant experience in employee relations
- 2+ years of managing people or demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills with knowledge of MS Office.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.