Director, IT Operations Job
|Location: Reston, Virginia
||Date Posted: 11/27/2019
|Job Code: R0000160
The Director, IT Operations is focused on strategy, definition, management and continual improvement of customer services and the underlying processes provided by the IT Operations team, to include developing strategies to improve GMAC employees' productivity through technology. The role plans, directs and manages the broad functions of the IT Operations team, which includes operational support of the council's IT investments, security, procurement, help desk, software/hardware installation, setup, monitoring, system maintenance and optimization, telephony, video conferencing and implementation of backup/recovery systems for all GMAC departments, employees and geographic locations. The role includes operational support for delivery environments and applications used in direct delivery of digital services to our constituents in candidates and schools. The Director is expected to drive adoption of innovative solutions to meet the growing demand for technology centric solutions and reduce on premise dependencies.
- Direct the IT Operations staff to design, implement and maintain a sustainable, scalable technology and customer support operating environment for all GMAC global operations.
- Serve as an integral team member within overall technology leadership, participating in architectural recommendations and strategic decisions.
- Engage and collaborate with external service providers and outsourced services to complement core team responsibilities, e.g. 24x7 tier 1 desktop support.
- Lead global IT Operations initiatives within the company and manage/motivate the IT team to address and implement "best practices" in all IT Operations initiatives.
- Improve efficiency, flexibility, and resilience by establishing repeatable operations standards, policies and procedures.
- Identify requirements and manage the creation, implementation, documentation, and ongoing maintenance of IT security policies and procedures, including their timely publication and periodic review.
- Manage the selection, development, documentation, and deployment of IT security management and monitoring systems and tools.
- Act as a primary Technology Team lead on data privacy/security projects, collaborate on related policies, and guide surveys and audits to ensure compliance.
- Management of the Council's IT Change Management procedure, to ensure that planned system outages, upgrades and emergency repairs are scheduled, properly communicated and thoroughly coordinated.
- Lead the adoption of DevOps practices and deepening support for technical product operations.
- Develop customer service procedures, policies and standards for IT Operations.
- Recommend insights that contribute to overall company technology infrastructure strategic management.
- Responsible for the GMAC-wide standard integrated collaboration suite which enables our global staff operations, Office 365, MS Teams, Webex, file storage and file sharing.
- Responsible for the telephony and videoconferencing environment, including but not limited to, their design, purchase, deployment, management and ongoing support.
- Frequently interact with GMAC senior executives, business stakeholders, the Business Operations team, and GMAC's outsourced service providers.
- Plan and manage all long and short-term activities and operations of the function within the department.
- Other responsibilities and duties, as assigned.
- Advanced degree in Business, CS, IT, IM or Business Administration; Or equivalent combination of education, skills, and experience.
- 6 years' experience in Information Technology field.
- 3 years' experience in operational support of ecommerce, digital product, or media experiences.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/20012, MS Exchange, MS IIS, Active Directory, SQL Server, Office 365.
- 3 years' progressive managerial experience.
- Ability to make strategic decisions that have a direct impact on daily operations of the department.
- Ability to maintain sensitive data in a confidential manner.
- Ability to guide others in resolving complex issues of significance to the organization.
- Superior analytical skills and ability to prioritize objectives.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and collaborative skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including after business hours and periodically be on-call for afterhours support.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to carry a cell phone during business hours and on-call hours.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 7 years' experience in Information Technology field.
- 7 years' progressive managerial experience.
- Experience with Content Management Systems, Ecommerce platforms, Learning Management platforms.
- Experience in Higher Education industry or broader education industry.
- Experience in high stakes college acceptance assessments.
- MSCMS, MOM, ISA Server, PGP, Storage Area Networks, Network Attached Storage, load balancers, and communications circuits.
- Experience in operational support for Webex, SiteCore, Salesforce, and Mulesoft,
- Strong leadership, organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills with the ability to handle multiple, high priority projects with a keen attention to detail.
- A motivated self-starter and strong problem solver.
- Professional demeanor with excellent customer service and team player orientation.
- Capable of working in a fast paced, dynamically changing and team-oriented environment.
- Must have a "can do" positive attitude and the ability to find innovative solutions while working with existing resources.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision.
GMAC's value proposition offers our talented employees the ideal climate for innovation, and colleagues who are motivated and proactive, with diverse backgrounds and approaches.
As a global organization, we understand and appreciate the benefits of myriad cultural perspectives. GMAC is wholly committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining a diverse group of talented people, and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or other protected criteria, in accordance with applicable law.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Graduate Management Admission Council
|Company: Graduate Management Admission Council