Progressive and growing Ag retail firm is actively seeking a Sales Agronomist who enjoys building relationships with producers. This company has an established book of business, but is looking for an individual who can maintain current business while also increasing and driving sales.
This position is with one of the premier co-ops in the region. Join a winning team by applying today.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create fertilizer, chemical, and seed recommendations to increase farmers yields and profitability
- Create strategic marketing plans with Agronomy Sales Manager
- Scout fields for weeds, pests, insects, and disease
- Communicate effective pest and weed management strategies with producers
- Work with Custom Applicators to ensure a high level of service after the sale
- 1+ years of demonstrated agronomy knowledge
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Agronomy, Crop and Soil Science, Ag Business, or related field
- Ability to make correct recommendations to farmers
- Ability to effectively communicate with farmers
- Strong knowledge of seed, chemical, and fertilizer
- CCA certification is a plus
Please contact Brent Kramer at (605) 978-5471 for more information on this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 29 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.