Take your strong agronomy knowledge and sales talents to one of the state's leading Ag retailers. This forward thinking Ag retailer is currently undergoing expansion which has led to a rare opening for an Agronomist within their organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with farmers to discuss and recommend crop inputs
- Cultivate strong relationships with farmers to ensure their success
- Create strategies to correct any issues with weeds, pests, insects, and disease
- Make proper recommendations of seed, chemical, and fertilizer based on crop scouting and soil samples
- Work closely with the Agronomy Operations Manager to ensure a high level of service after the sale
- 2 year degree in Agronomy, Ag Business, or related field
- 2+ years of prior Agronomy Sales Experience
- Ability to create crop input recommendations
- Strong desire to increase sales volume
- Ability to build new relationships through cold-calling and on farm visits
For more information please contact Brent Kramer at (605) 978-5471.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 29 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.