A multi-location Ag retailer is currently searching for a talented Sales Agronomist to build relationships with farmers in the region. This is with a growing retailer that has a large customer base in place now, and is looking to continue to grow. They are currently in need of an individual that can bring strong knowledge in agronomy to their producers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create comprehensive plans to increase producers yields
- Aid in the continued growth of their agronomy department by gaining new business
- Scout fields for weeds, pests, insects, and disease
- Coordinate custom application with the Agronomy Operations Manager
- Provide a high level of service after the sales
- 2+ years of prior experience in agronomy sales
- Degree in Agronomy, Ag Business, Crop and Weed Science, or related field
- Ability to create chemical, fertilizer, and seed recommendations for growers
- Solid foundation in basic agronomy practices
- CCA certification is a plus
A competitive base plus bonus pay structure and a full line up of benefits is being offered for this position.
For more information regarding this position please contact Brent Kramer at (605) 978-5471.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 29 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.