|Location: Santa Rosa, California
||Date Posted: 11/21/2019
|Job Code: 2019-19580
An Exclusion technician performs repairs/exclusion services and animal removal at customer locations according to company policy and in compliance with regulatory requirements. Sets up and builds exclusion traps. Removes animals trapped in exclusion devices according to company policy and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
Available to work:
Operating hours: M-F 8am-5pm, Saturday 9am-3pm
Overtime and Saturdays may be required during peak seasons. This may result in extended working hours (50-60 hours per week).
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Carpentry experience/working with hand tools and power tools
- Customer Service
- Possess a valid driver's license with a driving record that meets Company criteria.
- Pass drug and background screen.
Essential Job Functions
- You will be responsible for building and maintaining good customer relations and fostering long-term relationships with our customers.
- Good relations include dealing with our customers in a courteous manner at all times
- You must communicate with our customers to determine their needs and to advise them of what actions you have taken while servicing their property.
- Offer recommendations for proper corrective services, selling recommended services, monitoring recommended services to completion.
- Identify customer's rodent problems.
- Review corrective steps recommended
- Discuss procedures, sanitation and structural corrections with customers.
- Recommend appropriate preventive steps where no problems currently exist.
- Responsible for timely and proper completion of the customers' and administrative reports.
- Quality work
- Leaving premises and furnishings as you found them.
- You must take the initiative in making proper recommendations for correcting pest problems.
- You are responsible for maintaining appropriate service standards at all accounts where you perform our service. Any unusual circumstances or problems should be immediately discussed with your supervisor.
- You will actively participate in group meetings to develop new and better ways to meet and exceed our customers' needs. This includes teamwork and communicating customer requirements to the group for future service consideration.
- Participate in rotating on-call schedule for off-hours and weekends.
- Assist sales and management personnel in reviewing accounts and up-grading them as appropriate for the level of service, product, time requirements, and pricing.
- With the assistance of our Customer Service Representatives (CSR), you may be responsible for scheduling of work on your assigned route. This includes maintaining current account service instructions, and assisting in contacting customers when appropriate.
- Assist in the collection of delinquent accounts.
- Maintain your equipment and vehicle in a state of cleanliness and good working order for your own comfort and safety, as well as providing an appropriate appearance for our customers.
- Satisfactorily complete initial technical training and participate in regular update training to stay current with proven methods and practices. This includes monthly technical service meetings and other assignments. Training includes the following areas: insect and/or rodent identification and biology, proper control methods, pesticide selection, safe application practices, and correct equipment usage.
- Responsible for attaining level of productivity based on level of training, experience, and type of accounts serviced.
- Ability and willingness to learn and/or keep up to date on the computer systems used currently or future use of hand-held computers or other such technology
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Physical Job Description
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Rentokil