We have a direct hire Purchasing Agent opening available for our client in Hamilton, NJ! If you're an experienced Purchasing professional with leadership experience in the manufacturing, production or contracting industry we want to connect with you!
Experience in procurement for metal/steel/titanium, aerospace, manufacturing, or commodity buying required.
- Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
- Salary: $80-90k annually
- Direct Hire!
Job Responsibilities for the Purchasing Agent:
- Procure goods including raw materials, small equipment, tools, supplies and parts
- Communicate with vendors to obtain information regarding pricing and delivery schedules
- Review purchase orders and bid orders to ensure compliance to policies and budgetary limits
- Monitor values and market trends for products and pricing
- Work with Quality Assurance department on any problematic or defective goods
- Collaborate with Manufacturing and Quality managers for feedback on products and potential for improvements or alternate options
Requirements for the Purchasing Agent:
- Bachelors Degree required; Focus in Supply Chain, Engineering or related area preferred
- Prior experience in purchasing within manufacturing or similar industries with management or leadership experience
- Proficient in MS Office and experience purchasing using an ERP system
- Industry knowledge, including market prices and standard practices
- Excellent negotiation, analytical, reasoning and decision-making skills
- Ability to read blueprints and engineering documents preferred
PeopleShare is the leading Staffing Agency in the region and has temporary to hire and permanent jobs in New Jersey (NJ) - Trenton, Princeton, Robbinsville, Plainsboro, Cherry Hill & Cranbury; and in PA - Levittown, Fairless Hills, & Philadelphia. We have openings for warehouse, assembly, production, forklift, machine operators, maintenance mechanics, receptionist, data entry, customer service, collections, call center, administrative assistant, accounts payable clerk, accounts receivable clerk, file clerk, and office managers.
PeopleShare provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, PeopleShare complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.