Jr. Database Administrator
Jacobs is seeking a qualified Information Technology (IT) professional to support the USSOCOM SITEC II Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) contract. Your career at Jacobs enables USSOCOM to fulfill its mission to "Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks." As a member of our team, you will support the vice president of the Enterprise Operations Group (EOG) as we partner with SOF military and civilian members to provide world-class IT services and support that connects over 60,000 users around the world in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, security, end-user computing, and test and evaluation.
Performs operations and maintenance tasks on relational databases and database servers. These tasks include installing and configuring database application software, troubleshooting and diagnosing problems, and installing security updates and application patches. On-Call support will be required to provide expert recommendations for trouble-shooting issues
Candidates for the Database Administrator need a strong technical foundation in database structure, configuration, installation, operation and maintenance. Candidates must have knowledge and experience in major relational database languages and applications, such as Microsoft Structured Query Language (SQL) Server, Oracle and IBM DB2. Database Administrator candidates must demonstrate the ability to pay keen attention to detail, possess a strong customer service orientation, and have the ability to work as part of a team. This position will provide database administration (DBA) support services, as well as the planning, implementation, and monitoring of patching services for physical and virtual solutions. Candidate must have advanced knowledge of using Microsoft Office Suite (2013/2016)
The Database Administrator must be able to produce visualization of data for leadership decision-making, have experience with database modeling and implementation, experience with user interface development and user experience, demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, have knowledge of at least one object-oriented programming languages (such as Java, C++ or .NET) and understand the transactional processes of the ITIL framework.
* Monitoring and maintaining databases
* Performing requested changes, updates and modifications to database structure and data
* Ensuring technical modifications do not adversely affect database integrity, stability and system availability
* Implementing solutions for database backup and recovery infrastructure
* Build operational Operations and Maintenance (O&M) checklists to maintain the service (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly O&M checklists); build Tactics, Techniques and Processes (TTPs) and Standard Operating Processes (SOPs) associated with service checklists
* Adding or modifying system/user permissions to databases or database servers
* Ensure proactive engagement in Incident Management process, working with cross-functional teams to minimize the impact of database outages
* Generating various reports by querying from database as needed
Required Clearance: TS/SCI
Required Experience: At lease one year experience as a Database Administrator
Required Certification: Employment is contingent upon obtaining and/or maintaining required certifications
* Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) MySQL 5.6 DBA or MCSA: SQL Server 2012/2014
* DOD 8570 IAT Level II or higher
* Preferred Certifications: ITIL V3 Foundations
* Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting).
* Position may require some night and weekend work.
* Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying computer equipment, boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
Equipment and Machines
* General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment. Servers, switches and other computer equipment used to support network operations.
* Work assignments dependent on requirements by the client. It is important to be able to work at least 8 hours a day for 5 days per week (Monday through Friday).
* On-Call or after hours' support may be required
* Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
Other Essential Functions
* Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client's standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
* The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.