|Location: Bellevue, Washington
||Date Posted: 11/4/2019
||Category: Information Technology
|Job Code: BBBH30664
- Our Client is changing the game in DevOps, Cloud and Container based consultancy services and is seeking a Technical Principal. They enable enterprise organizations to streamline their processes, reduce costs and increase efficiencies. They deploy teams to client sites to help change mindsets and approaches by facilitating a DevOps culture through upskilling and pair programming.
- If you are motivated by challenges and inspired to roll up your sleeves and help teams fall back in love with their jobs, then keep on reading!
- Hands-on design and implementation work to get projects off the ground, determine solutions and drive improvements to existing infrastructure at client sites.
- Infrastructure automation with Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Packer, Puppet, etc.
- Building CI/CD pipelines
- Containerize applications
- Work alongside client team to mentor and coach developers and infrastructure engineers
- Provide solutions to challenges by strategizing and road mapping
- Ensure technical expectations are met on projects
- Manage client expectations and satisfaction
- Manage the delivery so that it's on time and on budget, including change/scope control
- Owns and updates the delivery plan
- Leads forecasting for engagement
- Participates in interviews to bring exceptional talent onboard
- Provide consistent and timely performance feedback
- Manage the delivery team
- Advocate and support Company culture
- Actively develops appropriate client level relationships
- Drive engagement business value
- Support sales by providing Subject Matter Expertise and participating in sales processes
- Actively participate and provide QA for proposals and SOWs
- Identify opportunities within existing account for extension or expansion
- Contribute assets/content to Company knowledgebase
- Contribute to thought leadership within practices
- 5+ years of experience working within a DevOps environment with expertise in infrastructure-as-code and understanding of software/application development
- 5+ years expertise in cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCE, OpenStack, VMWare, etc.) and Linux/Windows operating systems
- Experience with configuration management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt) and infrastructure provisioning tools (Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef Provisioning)
- Experience with AWS, Docker containers and container orchestration (Kubernetes, Mesosphere, OpenShift, etc.)
- Experience mentoring, coaching, and/or leading a team and able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Deep understanding of the DevOps philosophy and Agile methods
- Automating traditional processes with scripting or configuration management
- Ability to diagnose technical problems, debug code, and automate routine tasks
- Experience of the full software delivery lifecycle
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment at different client sites
- Consulting experience highly preferred
***Please be advised this role may involve some travel***
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact MJ at 646-688-5839 for additional information.
Approx. Duration: 4 months
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.
We work hard to match our candidates with the right career opportunities. Let us find you a #MatrixMatch so you can reach your career goals!
Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!
Hired by Matrix Career Center: https://www.hiredbymatrix.com/find-work/open-positions/
Position Type: Contractor
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Hired by Matrix, Inc.
|Company: Hired by Matrix, Inc.