|Location: Fort Worth, Texas
||Date Posted: 10/30/2019
||Category: Information Technology
|Job Code: 9542/10890
Deliver valid, relevant data to key stakeholders by reviewing requests, extracting, organizing and analyzing data from multiple systems and collaborating with team to build usable reports for departmental needs and business objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Execute data needs for assigned area of responsibility by reviewing data requests, identifying correct data source, adhering to report specifications and researching, gathering and organizing data to build and deliver usable reports for key stakeholder needs
- Optimize data validity by developing/executing testing workflows and escalating complex issues as required to troubleshoot errors and ensure valid information
- Monitor line of business procedural & application performance using established KPI's to directly contribute to the resolution of system issues, identify process improvement opportunities, and support SLA adherence
- Support forecasting models for the purpose of managing appropriate staffing and meeting 3rd party agreements
- Participate in the gathering, and development of activity based costing analysis
- Collaborate with key stakeholders by communicating and sharing information to gather and document ad-hoc data needs, support the completion of special projects, foster transfer of information and ensure delivery of accurate and complete reports
- Facilitate operational excellence by researching existing documentation and reports to locate and capitalize on reusable data and promote streamlined, efficient data delivery
- Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others to reward performance and value "can do" people, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun
- Adopt National General values in personal work behaviors, decision-making, contributions and interpersonal interactions; manage own career development by soliciting feedback and valuing other perspectives
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 2+ years relevant experience
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Increasing levels of experience with systems/technology utilized in area of responsibility (i.e. SQL and Access); insurance industry experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point)
- Infrequent (approximately 1-4 trips annually)
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access
- Advanced knowledge of internal systems, databases and technology utilized in area of responsibility
- Working knowledge of assigned line of business
- Advanced knowledge of data manipulation techniques
- Assume a methodical approach to evaluate situations
- Understand the needs and goals of a customer and actively look for ways to meet them
- Create and maintain current, accurate and readily accessible data in various formats
- Utilize effective research and investigative techniques
- Willingness to help and/or assist others
- Ability to analyze and combine data from multiple systems
- Database manipulation techniques
- Show drive and initiative
- Quickly change direction when working on multiple projects or issues; adjust plans, goals, actions or priorities to meet changing situations
- Clearly and confidently convey information to a wide audience
- High attention to detail
- Maintain confidentiality of private or sensitive information
- Escalate issues when necessary
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: National General Insurance Company
|Company: National General Insurance Company