Upstream Sr. Asset Consultant Job
|Location: Texas, Texas
||Date Posted: 10/25/2019
|Wage: $150 - $200 per hour
|Job Code: JO-1910-20981
Consultant / Senior Consultant - Onshore Hydrocarbons (Upstream)
Position Title: Principal Consultant
SERVICE LINE: Front End - Upstream, Midstream and LNG
REPORTS TO: Managing Consultant of Advisian Americas
Our Client is seeking Principal and/or Senior Technical Consultants to work within our Onshore hydrocarbon organisation. Successful candidates will be key members of the team providing consulting services and contributing to business development activities across the full range of the upstream, midstream and downstream hydrocarbon industry clients.
Reporting to the Managing Consultant, Advisian, the Consultant will demonstrate competence in areas including Upstream Oil & Gas, including Unconventional O&G Field development Planning, Well Completion Design and Well Pad Design, Feasibility Study development levering Technical and Economic Evaluation to screen options, pre-FEED Project Management.
Reserve Determination, Integrated Asset Modeling, Technical Due Diligence and Technical Consultant assignments will be a plus!
As an experienced individual on our staff, the Consultant performs their own work in terms of collecting information, analysing for trends and key findings to create opportunities with existing and new clients. She/He is a self started well versed in Microsoft Office suite Word, Excel, Projects and/or PowerPoint Reports. Knowledge of BI or equivalent a plus.
Recognizing their project management responsibilities, a Consultant should have excellent organizational skills and be good at communicating and interacting across a complex organization as well as with Clients. She or He typically manages and/or works on a few projects at one time, thereby necessitating excellent ability to multi-task, work without supervision, exercise good judgment and communicate with colleagues of a wider Advisian and Worley organisation.
Additionally, a Consultant supports the group's overall sales effort through identifying new business opportunities, designing the engagements, preparing proposals, and other client interfacing activities.
- This is a part time roughly 20 -25 hours a week (maybe more)
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Pragmatic personality with customer facing skills - you are comfortable communicating at all levels of an organisation and can translate between technical and business language
- Provide consulting services to clients during all phases of an engagement, Feasibility Study including technical and economic evaluation, configuration development and screening, licensor / technology evaluation as well as Technical due diligence and technical consultant roles.
- Support and lead marketing and business development activities to sell consulting engagement of various sizes. Meet and present to clients to assist with the selling process.
- Actively contribute to multiple pursuits and projects; and occasionally lead and manage consultancy assignments with client organizations whilst controlling quality, cost and client satisfaction
- Act as and be recognised as a 'Subject Matter Expert' in specific expertise in two or more of the following:
- Unconventional oil and gas fields development and management
- Field Development Planning
- Reservoir and/or Production Engineering
- Asset Economist
- System-Thinking aka Asset Integration Modelling
- Prepare and deliver conference papers
- Support the growth of the business.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate depth of experience and knowledge in a number of the following services areas:
- Upstream oil and gas Field development Planning
- Green and Brown Fields Operations
- Extended Well Testing latest technologies
- Process understanding and modelling
- Feasibility and configuration studies
- Technology vendors/licensors
- Economics and Financial analysis
- Technical due diligence and asset assessment (M&A)
- Process design
- Capital Projects, Capital Allocation and Project execution strategies
- Direct sales experience a plus
- E&P Operators - Client relationships in USA Region
Fluent in written and spoken English language is a must, Spanish and Portuguese as plus
Must be able to travel on short notice on short trips including overnight stay for up to 40% of the time.
Existing network of client relationships in USA with Canada, Latin America and The Caribbean as Plus
The candidate must demonstrate competence in the following:
- Able to work within a 'sell-do' model
- Strong self-starter and motivated to succeed
- Solid Experience on Upstream Field Development Planning for Unconventional O&G Resources
- Practical front-end consulting - including framing, scoping, selling and delivery
- Excellent communication skills including ability to produce concise reports and presentations appropriate for all levels
- Confidence to work at all levels of a client organisation (from Subsurface and Surface Engineering Teams all the way to C-Suite, Executive Management Team).
- Contribute to preparation of proposals, execution plans and budgets
- Identify new opportunities and leads
- Supports a continuous improvement culture and identifies gaps, develops work processes, tools and methodologies to drive productivity and growth such as Operational Excellence
Other Essential Functions
- Based in Houston office (but traveling as required to other countries in The Americas)
- Primary degree in Petroleum or Chemical Engineering with MSc in petroleum engineering
- A minimum relevant experience of 9-12 years (for Consultant) and 12 -18 years (for Snr Consultant) preferably at USA E&P Co and/or Subsurface focus Consultancies.
- Industry experience with a specific technical and/or commercial focus in each of these industries
- Knowledge of Reservoir-Well-Surface-Economics suite of modeling software tools (e.g. CMG, PeTex, Eclipse-Petrel, Gohfer, StimPlan, @Risk, Crystal Ball, Aries, PHDWin, Aucerna, etc)
- Knowledge of process simulation tools (e.g. using Hysys) is a plus
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Positive and flexible attitude
- Excellent verbal communication skills for interacting with clients, good cultural awareness
- Diplomatic in meeting and working with people (internally and externally)
- Flexible and willing to work extra hours as necessary to accommodate occasional work load peaks
- Relevant higher degree such as PhD and/or MBA is a plus
Position Type: Contractor
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Clay Stevenson
|Company: Energy Resourcing