|Location: Oakton, Virginia
||Date Posted: 10/25/2019
|Wage: Up to $80000 per year + Bonus
||Category: Information Technology
|Job Code: 358702
Service Desk Admin
Start Date: Can Interview this week and start as early as next week
Status: Direct Hire
Top Things Needed:
- Green Card and USC preferred. Will not sponsor candidate now or in the future.
- Bachelor's degree in IT or related field or comparable combination of education and experience.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills as well as superb customer service skills required.
- Three years of successful experience with the design, specification, installation and support of local and wide area computer networks required.
- One year supervisory or management experience highly preferred.
The IT Service Desk Manager is responsible for overseeing the Network Service Desk operation and staff to provide excellent customer service and technical support to the organization, also to ensure leadership and support to corporate IT network by providing direct services in the installation, use, upgrade, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of computer systems and network infrastructure. The position reports to the Director of Technology Management.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- These duties and responsibilities will be rated on the Annual Performance Review.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Service Desk support for the entire organization
- Manage and maintain all Information Systems Inventory. Ensure the assets management database is up to date.
- Perform system administration duties to include setup of user accounts; creation of shared folders, files, and printers; and setup of logon scripts and user profiles.
- Manage connectivity between site and other locations to ensure optimal performance to include working with all ISPs to monitor and analyze connectivity, bandwidth use and data usage trends.
- Continually monitor, test, track and report on Service Desk efficiencies with regards to availability, accuracy and advice for improvements.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review incident tickets daily for content, proper routing, first call resolution, problem detection and timely closure.
- Ensure all operational processes/procedures are accurate, clearly documented, maintained and followed.
- Introduce IT support process improvement measures.
- Responsible for schedules of all Service Desk Staff to includes offsite routine visits.
- Develop metrics and templates to evaluate technical support issue response times and resolutions.
- Develop training frameworks and programs to assist staff to keep updated on new industry practices.
- Interact with IT vendors, external suppliers and other contractual partners to ensure procurement on timely basis.
- Motivate support team through performance coaching and training objectives.
- Improve productivity by highlighting deficiencies and recommending change in tools, training, and processes.
- Follow up with unsatisfied customers to ensure issues are resolved and customers satisfied.
- Report operational achievements and progress on regular basis to include statistical analysis and improvement of action plans.
- Maintain a mindset of continuous improvement, in terms of efficiency of support processes, customer satisfaction and the application of tools for monitoring.
- Generate key reports for management regarding system availability, service level agreements, up-time, average ticket resolution time. Responsible for management, prioritization and dispatch of incoming Service Desk tickets with minimal supervision and ensure 100% compliance with Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Assist with the installation of all patches, service packs, hot fixes, and upgrades to all network servers. Responsible for installation, testing and maintenance of all hardware and software on all network servers.
- Manage all network connectivity to include, VPN (tunneling and Remote Desktop connections). Make recommendations to improve infrastructure, where needed.
- Develop project plans for needed changes to infrastructure.
- Assist with system backups to include verification of backups to testing file restoration and disaster recovery procedures routinely. Research and evaluate new technologies, as needed.
- Monitor server event logs daily. Coordinate the implementation of new software and applications, as needed. Design, specify, configure, install, test and maintain corporate network infrastructure to include all servers, routers, bridges, switches, modems, cabling and Internet service providers.
- Respond to the needs and questions of network users concerning their access to resources on the network.
- Assist with development of system solutions consistent with organizational objectives.
- A+ certification and MSCE certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of Windows 2012/2016 Server, Microsoft Office, Outlook/Exchange, RAS, VPN, Terminal Services, PC and printer setup & troubleshooting, and previous network management support experience.
- Working knowledge of all applicable technologies in use at our company and affiliates.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision enabling the employee to read comprehensive documents, computer screens and similar data.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
WHAT WE OFFER - FOR BENEFIT ELIGIBLE EMPLOYEES MAY INCLUDE
We strives to hire the "best fit" candidate, for this reason, we work hard to provide benefits that offer employees a healthy work-life balance. Therefore, we offer a comprehensive benefit program which features:
- Health coverage for you and your family through Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Financial protection with 100% company paid Disability, Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance.
- A 403(b)-retirement plan in which the company matches dollar for dollar contribute up to 3%.
- Tax advantages through Flexible Spending and Health Savings accounts that allow you to pay for specific health-care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- To help you manage your work and life needs, we offer an Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Programs and Tuition Reimbursement
- A generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase based on your tenure with the company.
- When you join our company, you do more than simply switch companies to advance your career. You become a part of the family, a talented workforce who drive innovation, embrace change, and supports inclusion for all
Start Date: 11/4/19
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: SNI Technology
|Company: SNI Technology