Database Developer III Job
|Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
||Date Posted: 10/22/2019
||Category: Information Technology
|Job Code: 9505/10816
This position is responsible for analyzing, designing, coding, testing, documenting, and supporting new and existing applications. This position is also responsible for preparing specifications from which programs will be written.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Create, maintain, and optimize stored procedures, functions, inline SQL, database structures, and ETL processes to adapt to changes in needs and requirements
- Test coded program routines and makes revisions to eliminate errors
- Review test results with users, completes final program documentation, and obtains approval for changes
- Gather and document business requirements for small and medium projects
- Analyze independently and document impacts of business requests on existing system
- Analyze issues independently and uses judgement to make decisions
- Create and refine system specifications
- Translate detail program specifications for complex problems into coded computer instructions
- Create and maintain processes / programs to adapt to changes in needs and requirements
- Assist in on-the-job training of less experienced programmers
- Provide on call support
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 5+ years of experience with Structured Query Language
- Advanced knowledge with one or more of the following: SSIS, SSMS, SSRS, Informatica
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases
- Demonstrated knowledge of all phases of Software Development Lifecycle
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- Ability to work in an open team environment
- Demonstrates attention to detail, organization, and timeliness in order to meet customer service expectations
- Demonstrates effective problem solving skills
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously with minimal guidance
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Understanding of data modeling
- Insurance knowledge
- Experience with BI Tools
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: National General Insurance
|Company: National General Insurance