Finance Business Partner Job
|Location: Anaheim, California
||Date Posted: 10/21/2019
||Category: Information Technology
|Job Code: 2019-19393
Finance Business Partner
Purpose of Position
The Finance Business Partner will provide financial planning, analysis, and decision making support for the Central Market (Pest Control and Ambius lines of business). The role reports directly to the North America Head of Finance Business Partnering. As part of the Central Market leadership team, the Finance Business Partner works closely with the Market VP, and the market leadership team to ensure that the business strategy delivers the desired financial and operational results.
The Financial Business Partner should possess a solid business acumen, capable of analyzing a variety of business situations, often with limited initial information provided. The Finance Business Partner is highly self-directed. The Finance Business Partner must be capable of receiving strategic guidance, and then developing and implementing the steps necessary for effective implementation/execution. The Finance Business Partner is a leader, a decision maker, an influencer, and the commercial voice within the Central Market.
Primary or Key Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop the bottoms-up AOP (Annual Operating Plan), bridge it to the top-down guidance and the prior year delivery. This includes full P&L, DSO (Day Sales Outstanding), Capital Expenditure planning, and Headcount planning.
- Prepare monthly and Fiscal Year P&L forecasting.
- Deliver monthly MPR (Management Performance Review) reporting package with deep and meaningful analysis of the results.
- Perform ad hoc analysis. As the business changes and grows, the Finance Business Partner will be required to financially evaluate new initiatives.
- Combine operational data and financial data into meaningful analysis to drive the business results.
- Develop and communicate recommendations to the Market / Functional leadership teams to improve business results and add value to the organization.
- Prepare acquisition business cases, perform due diligence procedures on acquisition candidates, integrate acquired companies, and track performance against the business case.
- Deliver Results
- Ambition to achieve goals/objectives and the discipline, organization and perseverance to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Focus on delivering improved performance.
- Demonstrate understanding of what high performance looks like in their area of the business.
- Set challenging goals for self and others.
- Seek feedback from others in order to plan performance improvement to achieve goals.
- Appear energized and energizes others by exceeding set goals.
- Develop clear and realistic targets and plans for self and others, to ensure optimum delivery of specific objectives.
- Strives to overcome perceived obstacles.
- Challenges established ways of doing things to achieve goals more effectively.
- Act Commercially
- Ability to gather and make sense of large amounts of information and apply it to make business and customer focused decisions.
- Analyze problems thoroughly and make good and timely decisions.
- Use understanding of trends and patterns in business data to develop business plans, actions or processes.
- Research the competitive environment to identify opportunities and threats.
- Use financial and business information to identify key activities that are linked to high performance.
- Review the business processes and activities in order to seek improvement.
- Make tough business decisions in light of customer and commercial requirements.
- Manage Self
- Manage emotions to remain calm, focused and optimistic while dealing with a constant stream of demands.
- Display courage.
- Show awareness of both positive and negative impact on others and how this affects outcomes.
- Adapt behavior to positively affect outcomes.
- Express a belief that they and colleagues possess the capability to resolve challenging issues.
- Ask for feedback from others and uses this to plan development.
- Resolute in sticking to decisions that are beneficial to the business, even if they are not popular.
- Coach and Develop
- Encourage long term development of others to build capability.
- Provide structure and consistent feedback.
- Provide specific positive and balanced feedback for developmental purposes.
- Give negative feedback in behavioral rather than personal terms.
- Provide suggestions to others on how to tackle areas for development.
- Use the information from the Performance Development Review to identify strengths and areas for development for others.
- Celebrate success.
- Work with Others
- Build relationships and collaborating with others (e.g. customers, colleagues, partners & suppliers) to achieve our mission.
- Involve others.
- Seek input and opinions from others to help make a specific decision.
- Build and maintain positive relationships in the team by valuing others' contribution and experience.
- Demonstrate willingness to learn from others' experience and contribution.
- Work in partnership with others to achieve individual and team objectives.
- Take initiative to resolve conflict through listening to all parties.
- Display Leadership
- Ability to inspire others to achieve Rentokil North America's objectives and to hold them accountable for high standards of performance.
- Make the team effective and hold individuals to account.
- Create the environment that enables the team to perform at its best (e.g. engaging others in the vision, providing appropriate structure, getting the right people, keeping up morale).
- Effectively delegates' responsibility, providing support as required.
- Demand high levels of performance, quality of service, and holds people to account by ensuring targets are met.
- Recognize as the natural 'go to' person.
- Develop relationships across the teams and inspires others to achieve results.
|Program of Study|
|Finance or related field|
|Years of Experience|
|Type of Experience|
|Relevant experience in Accounting or Finance|
Relevant leadership experience in a management role.
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP
- Anaplan Budgeting/Forecasting
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite 2007 or later, especially Excel, and Intermediate skills in Word, and PowerPoint.
- Have knowledge of Google Suite, especially Google Drive and associated programs frequently used at Rentokil North America (Gmail, Sheets, Docs, Slides).
Certifications & Licensures
CPA or CMA preferred.
This is a full-time position. Overnight travel <30%.
Work Schedule: This job tends to have regular office hours but may have extended hours due to time-sensitive financial closing arrangements. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Rentokil