This Technical Lead will be responsible for a small team doing Agile development of web services and deployment to the cloud using containers. Supporting our Library of Congress customer, these applications are responsible for quality review and back-end processing of huge amounts of data.
Critical client-facing role that interprets and translates client requirements into a technology solution that can be configured from a standard set of offerings. Drives the sign off on the technology solution and acts as an interface with the delivery organization to ensure effective transition, shape services and determine appropriate service delivery locations and related costs. Acts as a key member of the team to represent the technology solution offering to the client/internal groups. Provides direct support in the day-to-day CI/CD pipelines. Manages a small team of technical staff in the adherence of planning, policies, practices, and manages personnel while overseeing a technical project or technical group. Collaborates with stakeholders and functional areas to develop business requirements. Oversees the completion of technical projects and establishes processes and procedures on the technical team. May manage the technical team through subordinate supervisors. Provides technical oversight on projects or tasks that are highly complex. Directly guides teams that complete highly specialized technical tasks associated with cutting-edge technologies. Known as a Subject Matter Expert in the technical field or area.
* Manages team in designing, developing and maintaining technical systems, interfacing systems, and/or other highly complex system requirements at a Program level.
* Modifies and creates special purpose guidance for software or systems.
* Analyzes application code, system logs, system interfaces/interactions, and other indicators then recommends performance improvements.
* Researches, documents, and briefs team on new technologies and features.
* Leads technical implementation and troubleshooting for system releases.
* Researches product development options and provides analysis for product direction.
* Exercises judgment and discretion in overall project management by prioritizing, planning and tracking project progress.
* Plans for and ensures that management and development staff have tools/skills required to perform job functions.
* Acts as liaison between Project Management teams, vendors, business stakeholders, development team, and IT infrastructure and security teams.
* Establishes and enforces quality processes within the software development team, including coding standards, code reviews, unit testing, and other standard operating procedures and work instructions.
* Works with stakeholders and functional areas to develop business requirements.
* Develops required specifications for complex problems and trains team members on problem solving of complex issues.
* Oversees the establishment of requirements for a product from inception to conclusion. Ensures all phases of development are followed to include testing, debugging, and refining of the software to produce the required product.
* Works with the customer to create level of effort, scope and duration estimates for each planned initiative - and work with other staff to ensure the right resources are available at the right time for each of our projects.
* Works with product management and cross functional teams to provide technical solutions for desired user experiences.
* Reviews and edits required documentation, including block diagrams, logic flow charts and software program documentation. Provides feedback to developers to further their growth and development in the documentation area.
* Provides guidance on the creation of coded unit tests and ensures the Testers/Information Assurance team provide the necessary feedback to fix any issues identified.
* Evaluates systems designs and change requests to ensure overall program architecture remains technically feasible and is scalable while meeting industry best practices and standards.
* Overall responsibility for leading the program, department, or functional area as designated. Oversees, directs, and mentors subordinate staff; communicates job expectations and enforces organizational policies, procedures and core values; responsible for recruiting staff, approving timecards, and conducting performance reviews and disciplinary measures.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent relevant experience. Master's Degree in a related field preferred.
Industry leading certification for technical expertise preferred
8+ years of experience in a technical field; 4+ years of management experience.
Other Job Specific Skills
* Experience of Agile Development, Microservice architecture, Cloud Architecture, DevOps, Docker/Containerization
Must have strong experience in Java development. Python experience is highly desirable.
* Process oriented, conceptually driven and possess the ability to think strategically and work collaboratively in a highly technical setting.
* Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks.
* Immensely technical with the ability to communicate with developers and stakeholders in their languages.
* Ability to analyze systems requirements and design specifications.
* Ability to prepare and review required documentation, including project plans and software/development program documentation
* Ability to clearly explain technical concepts and analysis implications to a wide audience.
* Ability to conduct research into application development issues and products.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to manage others, providing mentorship to junior team members.
* Must be capable of working in an environment that is demanding, sometimes stressful, and requires independent thinking, problem resolution, and responsible actions with minimal direct oversight by senior management.
* Experience in information system design, including application programming on large-scale case management systems and the development of complex software to satisfy design objectives.
* Applies knowledge of technologies, applications, methodologies, processes and tools to support a client, project or entity.
* Demonstrated success in developing strategic goals and leading complex programs.
* Demonstrates and utilizes best programming standards and practices in a professional capacity.