Medicinal Foods - Android Developer M4A FOUNDATION - CROWDDOING Job
|Location: San Francisco, California
||Date Posted: 10/15/2019
This is an online volunteer role:
Project Duration: (in months)
6-12 months (Ongoing)
Use citizen science to gather and validate data about the different foods and food-preparations from both traditional knowledge and current scientific enquiry.
To make such data available for use by anyone in the world through online apps.
Role Summary: (Briefly explain the overview of the role in 1-2 sentences)
To Create an android native app. Drive a best practices approach to the continuous improvement of our products, processes, and tools. Write and maintain documentation for all features in development.
Essential Tasks: (List down the essential tasks that individual perform in the job)
* Work closely with Product teams, business teams and other areas to understand and contribute to the execution of projects
* Assure execution of projects by delivering assigned tasks in a timely manner
* Ensure projects are deployed on time with little to no downtime
* Instill a level of confidence in technical knowledge in order to suggest and deliver solutions
* Understand and help execute the technical roadmap, including adjustments based on a dynamic business environment and priorities
* Provide technical leadership by helping to establish best practices, recommend design patterns, identify opportunities to refactor code, oversee project execution and mentor team members
* Provide quality solutions/applications, evaluate technologies and provide reference implementations
* Understand business requirements and make technical design decisions that fulfill them
* Participate and perform technical design reviews and code reviews
Skills & Competencies: (List all critical skills needed for this role. Be specific)
* Multithreading, memory management and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices.
* Passion for analyzing and improving runtime efficiency and memory footprint.
* Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
* Public showcase and repository of Mobile Apps and work desirable.
Software tools & Program knowledge: (List all software tools & program knowledge or experience critical for the role. Be specific)
* Web services
* Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration
* Test Driven Development (TDD), Jenkins, Network layer like Volley, Retrofit Desired Skills
* Maven, Gradle, Git, Android Studio/Eclipse
CrowdDoinng Youtube Chanel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVoL7fai7oa95fBo44FC0gA
CrowdDoing overview video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbKCu2bXtrw
CrowdDoing LinkedIn Group- https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13561240/
CrowdDoing LinkedIn Page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/18910309/
CrowdDoing Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/CrowdDoing-515295062320613/
CrowdDoing Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/219137818932726/
CrowdDoing Food as Medicine
CrowdDoing Impact Investing & Systemic Change (https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13520549/)
CrowdDoing Medicinal Foods LinkedIn Group (https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13608509/)
CrowdDoing Crypto Impact Potential (https://www.facebook.com/groups/2067062200224828/)
CrowdDoing Micro-leaderaship for Systemic Change (https://www.facebook.com/groups/487287125027650/)
CrowdDoing Artificial Intelligence for Good (https://www.facebook.com/groups/181152952554213/)
CrowdDoing Citizen Science for Systemic Change:
CrowdDoing Project Management for Systemic Change
If you are interested in volunteering, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org a couple of times when
you are available to speak. Please also indicate which volunteer role you are interested in.
"To help support you joining the right part of CrowdDoing for you, please use this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSftd6E0tyV2uq7mMty1rZ80BB2MSGhbnof9gRBvaQXbrttIkg/viewform?usp=sf_link"
Web Site: http://match4action.org
|Contact Name: Bobby Fishkin
|City: San Francisco