|Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
||Date Posted: 10/15/2019
||Category: Human Resources
|Job Code: 8593/9616
Support all the data needs of the HR Data & Analytics team. This includes responsibility of extracting, importing, and linking data from various database sources as well as different areas of the company to create, automate and produce daily, weekly, and monthly reports, utilizing professional formatting to support all levels of management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the Data & Analytics group on Excel, Access, and various ETL tools to create reports, manage dashboards, and automate data feeds from various database sources
- Construct office (VBA based) applications and work process tools using available technology such as MS Access, Excel, etc. to satisfy business process improvements
- Establish processes and procedures for Workforce Analytics specific to data management, extraction, technology strategy, data solutions creation, data sourcing, architecture, standards development and governance, privacy, and process development
- Train other teams within the organization on basic statistical thinking and methods
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources to maintain databases/data systems, and to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Clean up data sets and review computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Analyze data and provide solutions to address staffing and business challenges
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
- Analyze and interpret the results of pilots, programs, and processes to drive efficiency across the department
- Define, develop and implement best practices for data cleansing, validation and general quality control
- Handle various adhoc reports that are requested throughout the normal course of business
- Stay current on data, visualization and analytics trends, topics and technologies and apply new knowledge to provide advanced solutions and shares developments with the team
- Use in-depth knowledge and experience to assist the department in monitoring, analyzing, and improving established metrics to assess overall recruitment performance
- Produce and deliver standard (monthly, quarterly, and annual) and customized HR reports
- Create engaging visual data presentations based on raw data on a variety of HR subjects including turnover, workforce planning, employee engagement, exit surveys, recruiting metrics among others
- Maintain HR data integrity by ensuring accuracy and consistency of input data
- Audit HR data and troubleshoot irregularities
- Support data governance processes
- Meet with management to discuss and clarify requests for projects, highlight issues, and make recommendations to address issues and priorities
- Collaborate with HRIS on system upgrades to determine impact to reporting, metrics, dashboards, etc.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 4+ years of experience Human Resources data analysis
- 4+ years of experience using business intelligence standards and best practices
- 4+ years of technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- 4+ years of experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, etc.)
- Proven experience and proficiency in data analysis, quantitative and qualitative analytics, and business reporting
- Proven hands-on experience using data visualization to tell compelling stories
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to leverage data and analytics to influence decisions
- Strong to advanced Excel skills for data manipulation and delivery
- Strong to advanced skills in Tableau, Power BI, or another tool for dashboard creation
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast paced environment; must meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt to new situations and learn quickly
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Prior experience using Workday
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: National General Insurance Company
|Company: National General Insurance Company