Jacobs is a global technology company, delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. We test, operate, sustain, and secure critical infrastructures and weapons systems using unique technology application and agile software development capabilities to improve mission capability and operational readiness. Jacobs' deep experience with advanced technology systems and our wide-ranging program support capabilities work together to make us a premier partner to aerospace and defense clients locations around the world.
Mission Planning Central is looking for an experienced software developer to join a small close-nit team in maintaining and enhancing a SharePoint 2016 Content Management System in support of an Air Force logistics contract. A successful team member is a self-starter with a firm grasp on object-oriented programming, SQL and web design.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Work scope may include any/all of the following duties:
- Gathering requirements from our customers.
- Developing new functionality and improving current tools.
- Migrating SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2016
*This list is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Web Design, or other program with a focus on software development. Experience may be substituted for education requirements.
****Must have a Secret or Interim DoD security clearance****
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Strong background in OOP and secure code development
- Must have or be able to obtain a Secret DoD security clearance
Training & Certifications (preferred):
- CompTIA Security+
- Experience with SharePoint or other CMS
- Experience migrating to SharePoint 2016
Guidelines (level of supervision required to perform):
- Employee works independently but within the framework established by the supervisor, prescribed procedures and practices.
- Supervisor instructs the employee on the purpose of the assignment and its scope, limitations, expected deadlines, and priorities.
- Established procedures have been selected, with a number of specific guidelines available, employee uses judgment in selecting most appropriate guideline.
Complexity of tasks/responsibilities:
- Tasks involve related steps, requiring the employee to recognize and choose among a few recognizable situations based on a factual nature.
- Employee identifies and analyzes important factors and conditions in order to recognize and apply an understanding of interrelationships.
- Employee decides what needs to be done based on analyses of the subjects and issues related to the assignments and selects appropriate course of action from several acceptable alternatives.
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Physical Requirements: Sedentary: involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Cubical environment in a confined/restricted work area.
Criticality of Attendance:
Must be able to work within the shift hours of 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
With the exception of STD/LTD/FMLA & approved time off, attendance is considered essential. Must be flexible to support the customer. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines.
Equipment and Machines:
Standard office equipment and machines: personal computer, scanner, copy machine, telephone, printer, fax machine, and other office equipment including desk supplies.
No travel required.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to secure and maintain a DoD security clearance.
Must be a U.S. Citizen
Must pass drug testing.
Must be able to read and write effectively in English.
Must embrace Beyond Zero/Safety principles of Jacobs to include; adhering to safe work practices and standards while performing daily tasks, taking responsibility for own and coworkers' safekeeping and encouraging others to work safely.
Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Must perform work activities requiring interaction, negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others.
Must be able to work under supervision and respond appropriately and professionally to criticism from a supervisor.
Must be flexible to support the customer.
Must be a resident in the local area of the main supported unit.