* Assist in maintaining Enterprise Management tools.
* Assist in maintaining lab environment in the cloud
* Assist in the automation of manual tasks using tools such as Chef, Puppet, and scripting languages Python and Perl.
* Assist in application monitoring deployment
* Monitors and supports the information technology and systems infrastructures.
* Conducts moderately complex analysis including planning, designing, and evaluating a variety of information technology tools.
* Serves as the back up to respond to user requests for system needs and upgrades or handles request that are more complex.
* Troubleshoots and resolves moderately complex problems in an efficient manner with little to no supervision.
* Implements standards for computer operations for compatibility between hardware and software, according to specifications and parameters.
* Administers, runs tests on, and maintains operating system and related software.
* Schedules, performs, and monitors system backups and, when necessary, performs data recoveries.
* Performs root cause analysis, diagnostics, and monitoring on various production systems.
* Identifies opportunities for process improvements and works with team members to implement efficiencies.
* Effectively create and maintain relevant systems documentation and user guides.
* Apply scripting methodologies to automate IT Admin related tasks.
BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, Math, Business or other technical major and at least 2 year of recent systems engineer/administration experience, OR at least 5 years of recent experience in systems engineering/administration
1-2 years of cloud administration and/or scripting experience
Good oral and written communications skills
Other Job Specific Skills
* IT systems administration experience in the Intelligence Community
* Red Hat Linux administration experience
* Amazon AWS compute, storage, database, and networking administration experience
* System administration experience with MS Windows and Linux
* Development of scripts (shell/perl/Python) and automation (Chef/Puppet)
* Application Language Knowledge such as Java, HTML, and ASP.net
* BMC TrueSight, and Application Visibility Manager
* Experience in supporting 24/7 operations
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and products that include Microsoft Windows 7 & 8, Windows Servers, Microsoft Office and SharePoint 2013, Microsoft Lync 2013.
* Applies standard methodology, techniques, procedures and criteria.
* Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve more complex system hardware, software or networking related problems.
* Ability to plan and coordinate the deployment of new technology and resolve technical problems individually and as a project participant.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and to translate technical terminology into terms understandable to non-technical employees.
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Experience with Citrix, SAN storage systems, VMware (vCenter).
An active TS/SCI security clearance or the ability to obtain one required for this role.