Network Administrator Specialist - Principal Job
|Location: Fort Meade, Maryland
||Date Posted: 10/11/2019
||Category: Information Technology
|Job Code: ATE0004O6
Jacobs is looking for talented individuals to join our team for DISA's Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) supporting the Test, Evaluation, and Certification (TEC) contract. We are seeking candidates who have skill sets that can support the full spectrum of IT communication systems and software test and evaluation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes, configures, maintains, and supports internal and/or external networks for the organization
- Develops and maintains all systems, applications, security, and network configurations. Conducts network capacity and performance analysis
- Recommends upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment
- Directs and supports activities of the network control function of the organization
- Determines service quality levels for network transmission and performance and ensures the established levels are met
- Troubleshoots network performance issues and recommends corrective actions
- Identifies and resolves problems associated with server hardware/software and ensures scalability and appropriate integration with other systems
- Provides technical support and guidance to network users
- Optimizes the functionality of networks and systems and diagnoses and recovers failed systems
- Ensures appropriate network security measures are in place
- Responsible for backup or recovery procedures
- Creates and maintains a disaster recovery plan
- May be responsible for directing the work of system administrators who provide the day-to-day system administration to include system and resource optimization, and user assistance
- Analyze, design, develop, test, configure, integrate, install, implement, maintain, and manage layer 2 and/or layer 3 network equipment
- Analyze and define network requirements
- Configure, optimize, and deploy network switches, routers, wireless access points, and VoIP systems
- Analyze network workload and monitor network capacity and performance
- Diagnose and resolve network problems
- Develop alternate configurations
- Install, test, maintain, and upgrade network operating systems software
- Plan and allocate IP space, both IPv4 and IPv6 within the network
- Coordinate with SA to maintain accurate documentation of IP schema
- Maintain network engineering documentation
- Maintain and update physical and logical topologies
- Maintain and update system log records
- Maintain and update Simple Network Management Protocol traps
- Maintain and update network management alerts using appropriate network management tools
- Maintain configuration control and configuration backup for the network to include use of Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN) to emulate LAN Wide Area network architectures
- Develop supplemental technical and procedural documents required for effective network and system administration
- Perform lifecycle support serves that include installation, maintenance, and warranty coordination of network and system equipment
- Maintain DOD standards for network security through use of DISA's Security Technical Implementation Guides on all network equipment, to include maintaining asset posture on DISA's Vulnerability Management System (VMS) and Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)
- Provide administrative task support such as Monthly Status Reports (MSRs), Weekly Status Reports (WARs) and meeting minutes
Education and Experience:
- Master's degree and 4 years of experience; or
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years of experience; or
- Associate's degree with at least 12 years of experience.
- The degree must be in a relevant technical curriculum and experience must be related to the job duties.
- Additional certifications (other than those required for the position) in the area of specialization may be substituted for 1 year of experience.
- Requires a DoD 8570.01M IAT/IAM/IASAE Level III certification.
- Must have an active Secret security clearance at time of hire.
- Must be DoD 8570 level III compliant
- Network equipment experience may include Juniper, CISCO, session controllers, Customer Edge Routers, and ASLANS.
- Have practical and working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, advanced level knowledge MS Excel and MS Project applications.
- Quality interpersonal skills
- Must be able to multitask and be organized
- Quality oral and written communication skills
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require filing, typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, included but not limited to: bending, reaching, turning and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distances may be required.
An inside and outside environment (considerations: closed quarters, close together, lighting). Needs to be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
Core work hours will be between 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Monday - Friday.Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required. Travel to and from customer's locations and the test fields may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.
Jacobs is a global technology company, delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. We test, operate, sustain, and secure critical infrastructures and weapons systems using unique technology application and agile software development capabilities to improve mission capability and operational readiness. Jacobs' deep experience with advanced technology systems and our wide-ranging program support capabilities work together to make us a premier partner to aerospace and defense clients at locations around the world.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Worley