Senior .Net Developer Job
|Location: Reston, Virginia
||Date Posted: 10/9/2019
|Job Code: R0000134
The Senior .Net Developer provides leadership in the design, development, and delivery of technology-enabled applications and is responsible for delivering fast and sustainable results in three (3) primary areas:
- Deliver business solutions with a customer focus;
- Build and maintain productive working relationships; and
- Improve the operational excellence of customer facing products and services.
- Gather technical requirements from the business, provide estimates, and assist project managers in developing schedules and timelines.
- Design, code, test, debug, maintain, and document software applications; Participate in peer-reviews.
- Serve as a technical liaison between the Council and external business partners.
- Work on a variety of projects concurrently and prioritize well by applying strong organizational and time management skills, as well as business focused judgment and decision making.
- Ensure technical teams are contributing to our code library.
- Own the development lifecycle and manage technical risks throughout the project.
- Perform code reviews and mentor junior developers.
- Assess training needs and select training tools for team members.
- Represent the ADI department in terms of software development expertise in coordination with other departments.
- Work to resolve issues reported to the ADI team from customer service and other business units.
- Serve as the liaison between ADI and Technical Infrastructure teams to resolve any issues.
- Other responsibilities and duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology and/or Systems; Or equivalent combination of education, skills, and experience.
- Object Oriented Programming (OOP) experience.
- Entity-Relationship (ER) modeling and database design experience.
- 5 years of developing with C#.
- 5 years of developing with SQL.
- Experience with REST and SOAP services.
- Experience with using git, TFS for Source control.
- Experience with using IDEs Visual Studio 2012+.
- Experience with using patterns for working in the Cloud (Retry, Throttling, Health Monitoring).
- Experience using features of Microsoft Azure, Service Fabric.
- Experience using tools such as NuGet, npm, gulp, grunt.
- Experience with Domain Driven Design (DDD).
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Microservices experience.
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and testing patterns.
- Identity and Access Management (SAML/OAuth/WSFed) experience.
- Experience testing using NUnit, XUnit or any equivalent
- Ability to guide others in resolving complex issues of significance to the organization.
- Exceptional organizational, project planning, and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team setting, and across external and internal stakeholder groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Strong attention to detail, with a keen focus on quality.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Comfort with multi-tasking.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 10+ years of developing with C#.
- 10+ years of developing with SQL.
- Experience with Sitecore or other web content management systems.
- Experience with configuration management and release management.
- Experience with Solr cloud setup and implementation.
- Experience with MuleSoft API platform and data integration.
- Experience with Salesforce development.
- Experience with Elasticsearch development.
- Microsoft Certified Professional.
- Experience using Team Foundation Server (TFS) for version control.
- Experience with automated testing tools.
- Experience with HTML5, jQuery, and MVC.
GMAC's value proposition offers our talented employees the ideal climate for innovation, and colleagues who are motivated and proactive, with diverse backgrounds and approaches.
As a global organization, we understand and appreciate the benefits of myriad cultural perspectives. GMAC is wholly committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining a diverse group of talented people, and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or other protected criteria, in accordance with applicable law.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Graduate Management Admission Council
|Company: Graduate Management Admission Council