Superintendent- Multifamily Renovation/Redevelopment Job
|Location: Belmont, California
||Date Posted: 9/26/2019
||Category: Real Estate
|Job Code: R0003432
We are searching for a Superintendent to join our construction management team. Based in NCal, East Bay area, this position will assist the Project Manager to oversee the renovation activities for the properties in our NCal region. This is a full time position based in the east Bay area. We are looking for candidates with at least 5 years of experience in multifamily renovation and large capital projects.
Must have experience:
- Overseeing multiple projects on multiple properties
- Interior renovations
- Overseeing multiple subcontractor trades and coordinate suppliers and deliveries
- Managing interiors and capital projects schedules
- Quality control for ongoing and completed trades work
- High School Diploma
- Certified in First Aid and CPR (not required, but preferred)
- OSHA Certifications (not required, but preferred)
- Assist Project Manager with due diligence prep, contractor lists, follow up
- Assist Project Manager the day of due diligence procedures, assistance on site
- Assist Project Manager with the follow up on contractor proposals and DD items requiring additional research
Pre-closing and Closing to Kickoff
- 45-days prior to closing assist Project Manager with action plans for interior renovation mock up units, club house renovation, models, units, etc. requiring design specs.
- Assist Project Manager with the development of interiors spec book, prelim ready for kickoff meeting with alternates for upgrade finishes and/or cost savings.
- Initiate bid scopes of work and draft contract scopes/requests Become familiar with any immediate needs requirements (to be confirmed upon closing)
- Assist Project Manager with any pre-construction meeting (following closing, coordinate contractor pre-construction meetings prior to any major construction scope start)
- Assist Project Manager to complete interior renovation mockup unit/s (complete within 30 days of closing) and scheduling
- Become familiar with the insurance and licensing requirements
-Post-closing and Project Start
[Platform B vs. Platform A Type Projects-differences, responsibilities, and the Superintendent Role in each]
-Major projects bid scope development, bid out, and commit, scopes can start prior to closing
-Unit redev bid out and commitments, coordination with and assistance by Superintendent:
- Pre-walk/pre-inspect prospective redev units at least two weeks prior to start of unit construction and complete pre walk unit checklist.
- Show pre-walked units on unit status with projected completion for pre-leasing
- Units accepted from Property Management on a weekly basis.
- Goal-two week turn on all unit redev
- Units scheduling, quality control, punch lists, turn back to Property Management
- Complete the standard setup of the redev construction storage/office.
- Order and setup of all required PPE and Safety equipment
- Job Site Safety and required Safety training/meeting with contractors
- Emergency Response Situations and Incident Report Procedures
- Implement time management procedures and necessary tools
-Become familiar with contracts as they are written and executed. Monitor the commitment log for status and execution.
-Become familiar with cost projections for interiors
-Periodic updates-initiate all reporting templates upon closing:
- Daily log
- Field Agenda (weekly)
- Unit Status Report (weekly)
- Unit Renovation Schedule
- Job site progress photos (weekly)
- As Built worksheet (monthly)
-Weekly coordination meetings with Property Management
-Weekly coordination meetings with contractors
-Assist Project Manager with immediate needs implement, monitor, and complete prior to lender deadline
- Assist Project Manager with IPN list finalize with all documents and upload to SharePoint
-Continue periodic updates
-Unit Renovation Schedules:
- As Built
- Acceptance documentation Exterior/ Interior renovation projects
- Safety inspection and meetings
- Redevelopment reports and uploading of documentation in SharePoint.
During Scope and Project Completion
- Scope completion punch lists and final walks.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Fairfield Residential
|Company: Fairfield Residential