|Location: Farmington Hills, Michigan
||Date Posted: 9/26/2019
|Job Code: BBBH30456
- The Buyer is responsible for providing purchasing services to their internal business partners to ensure simplified, cost effective, and strategic procurement outcomes within this international automotive giant.
- The objective is to work together with the internal customer to recognize their business needs and requirements and to develop and maintain a successful collaborative business relationship.
- The buyer will make certain that required goods and services are procured in a manner that meets stakeholder demand and limits the local business units exposure to risk.
- The role includes understanding the local entities business model objectives and desired outcomes, engaging internal customers, supporting implementation of processes and procedures, understanding options and risks associated with procurement activities, building strong internal and external relationships in order to achieve higher procurement performance, negotiating commercial terms to deliver best value solutions, contract execution and administration, purchase order execution, and the measurement/reporting of the value delivered.
- Partner with internal clients in order to ensure alignment of objectives and to proactively build a clear understanding of the businesses immediate and long range requirements for third party goods and services.
- Develop, implement and refine an appropriate local procurement strategy for the assigned local commodities including identifying cost, quality, time saving opportunities and overall supplier value in order to provide ongoing support.
- Responsible for the tactical and strategic supplier management activities, including strategic understanding of supplier markets and technology trends, supplier selection and sourcing process management, price control and negotiations for assigned commodities.
- Negotiate terms and conditions, award contracts, purchase orders, as well as investigate and act as a second level resource to clients in the resolution of contractual problems with suppliers.
- Manage local sourcing activities, prioritizing and rebalancing against business objectives.
- Ensure application of an end-to-end (Total Cost of Ownership) view in sourcing decisions.
- Employ best practice to minimize risk and maximize value.
- Routinely communicate openly and with integrity to align direction between Procurement and business stakeholders.
- Drive, support and promote the use of Procurement tools and policies.
- Coach less experienced business stakeholders on procurement processes and controls.
- Participate as a team member in the development of new and improvement of existing Procurement processes and tools.
- Must be able to perform duties with moderate to low supervision.
- Undergraduate degree. Equivalent combination of experience, education and training will be considered.
- 2+ years' experience.
- Prior Procurement Buying experience is required.
- Strong business acumen balanced with technical aptitude.
- Demonstrated experience partnering with clients and working in teams.
- Proven knowledge of procurement industry (goods and services), regulations, standards, policies, and practices including some significant and high profile and long-term procurement (goods and services) service initiatives.
- Core procurement experience in the areas of negotiations, contracting, stakeholder management and local sourcing strategy development.
- Exhibited tact and diplomacy in multidirectional communications with ability to foster effective relationships built on trust and focus on customers' needs all while balancing objectives of procurement framework.
- Experience influencing stakeholders.
- Requires strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, and assess and adjust quickly to changing priorities.
- Formulate and recommend innovative solutions to best meet the clients' needs.
- Demonstrated ability to bring innovation to current processes and show a continuous improvement mindset.
- Show a high attention to detail.
- Drive for results.
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Cathy at 201-226-3529 for additional information.
Approx. Duration: 8 months
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.
We work hard to match our candidates with the right career opportunities. Let us find you a #MatrixMatch so you can reach your career goals!
Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!
Hired by Matrix Career Center: https://www.hiredbymatrix.com/find-work/open-positions/
Position Type: Contractor
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Hired by Matrix, Inc.
|Company: Hired by Matrix, Inc.