RN/Registered Nurse Oncology Full Time Nights Job
|Employer Name: Texas Health Resources
|Location: Fort Worth, Texas
||Date Posted: 9/15/2019
|Wage: 26.50 - 50.4 Hourly Wage
||Category: Nurses/Nurses Aids
|Job Code: 113717082
Texas Health Fort Worth seeks to hire a Registered Nurse to work Full Time in the Oncology Department.
The address is 1301 Pennsylvania Ave Fort Worth, TX 76104
Salary range is Min. $26.50/hr. to Max. $50.40/hr. - based on relevant experience
• Shift is 7:00 pm-7:00 am, full-time, (3)12 hour shifts, weekends and holidays required
The Registered Nurse will improve the quality of care for the Oncology patient. Patients are admitted to this 35 bed unit for the following diagnosis: Some med/surg overflow, Leukemia, Sepsis patients, pain management, lymphoma, melanoma, breast cancer and kidney/pancreatic cancer etc. *Accredited Cancer Center
The essential job duties of this position are:
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
• assesses the patient
• plans the care of the patient
• intervenes as appropriate
• evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
• Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care.
• Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information
• Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Associates Degree in Nursing Required. Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required .
• BSN preferred
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
• BCLS (AHA) upon hire - expiration date greater than 3 months preferred
• CPI training within 60 days of hire
• One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program.
• 2+ years inpatient oncology nursing experience preferred
• Charge nurse and preceptor experience preferred
• Successful completion of the ONS - Chemotherapy/Biotherapy Certificate Privileges to administer chemo acquired within one year or OCN - Oncology Certified Nurse upon hire.
• Good computer skills using a medical management application.
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
• Serve as a role model, be an intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and a coordinator for quality patient care.
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment is required.
Why Texas Health Resources
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For®" (5th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4th year in a row)
• Employees' Choice "Best Places to Work" by Glassdoor
• A "Best Workplaces in Texas" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2019 "20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma" by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
• A 2019 Gold level LearningElite award - national list of best organizations for learning and development by Chief Learning Officer magazine
• A 2019 "America's Best Employers for Diversity" list by Forbes
Primary Location: TX-Fort Worth
Job: RN/Registered Nurse
Organization: Texas Health Fort Worth 1301 Pennsylvania Ave TX 76104
Shift: Night Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard
Years of Experience Required: 2
Web Site: http://www.Click2Apply.net/dchgkc78qf6h5bt7
|Contact Name: Apply Online
|Company: Christy Rousseau