|Location: Sunnyvale, California
||Date Posted: 9/9/2019
|Job Code: req17823
About the Position:
At Lucky, we ensure that our stores meet customer expectations by applying the principles of our Customer Connection (Smile, Greet, Engage, Sell, Thank) program. The Multi-Purpose Clerk plays a key role to ensure that our customers' needs are met and exceeded by following these principles and providing a remarkable shopping experience.
The Multi-Purpose Clerk may be assigned to one of several departments within the store - to include Center Store, Produce, Meat/Seafood, Bakery/Deli, or Janitorial. The Clerk is responsible for promoting sales within assigned department, answering our customers' questions, responding to customer requests for products, and accurately placing special orders. This role practices safe food handling procedures, keeping work area clean, orderly and free from safety hazards.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Excellent customer service skills. Reliable and dependable.
- Must be available to work a variety of required retail hours.
- Basic store environment: ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, stoop, use stairs, reach, pull and lift objects up to 40 pounds without assistance.
The Multi-Purpose Clerk may be assigned to any of the following assignments/departments:
- Center Store/Front End - Operates the check stand according to company policy and procedures, memorizes PLU codes and keeps up to date with new products. Orders, receives, unloads, stocks and rotates product onto shelves and cases in all areas of center store operations. Merchandises product and performs Point-Of Sale (POS) and inventory activities.
- Produce - Receives, inspects, and logs products for accuracy of shipment and quality. Trims, washes, and wraps produce according to company policy. Stocks, rotates, and merchandises product to maintain freshness and department appeal. Maintains floral area both inside and outside of store. Keeps all areas and equipment of the department clean.
- Meat/Seafood - Receives, inspects, and logs products for accuracy of shipment and quality. Weighs, wraps/packages and labels products for display. Stocks, rotates and merchandises product to maintain freshness and department appeal. Provides customer service at the seafood counter. Takes special orders for items such as custom cuts of meat or holiday items. May operate equipment such as slicers and wrappers. Keeps all areas and equipment of the department clean.
- Bakery/Deli - Receives, inspects, and logs products for accuracy of shipment and quality. Prepares, weighs, packages, labels product for display. Stocks, rotates, and merchandises baked goods and deli products to maintain freshness and department appeal. Takes special orders for items such as cakes and party trays. May operate equipment such as ovens, proofers, and slicers. Keeps all areas and equipment of the department clean.
- Janitorial - Maintains cleanliness and sanitation throughout the store. Sweeps and mops sales floor, front end, back rooms, and refrigerated areas. Cleans restrooms, break room, office areas, shelving and cases, front end equipment, shopping carts, and vending machines. Cleans front of store and parking lot, and empties trash. May operate janitorial equipment such as scrubbers and buffers.
- Pharmacy - Operates the pharmacy register according to company policy and procedures and keeps up to date with new products. Takes prescriptions from customers for the pharmacist to process and handles completed orders for customers at the register. Maintains cleanliness and sanitation throughout the department. Must maintain confidentiality at all times. Sweeps and mops sales floor, front end, back rooms, and refrigerated areas.
- May operate forklift if authorized and certified.
- May operate baler if authorized.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, bend, twist, stoop, use stairs, reach, pull and lift objects.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
Some of our awesome benefits include: exceptionally generous benefits package (Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K), flexible schedule options, Employee Connection (earn fun and valuable prizes!), Life Long Learning - Educational opportunities, Employee Association (discounted and free tuition options, contests, and support services).Save Mart Supermarkets is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome resumes from individuals who will contribute to our diverse workforce.
The Save Mart Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome resumes from individuals who will contribute to our diverse workforce.
Start Date: ASAP
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Save Mart Supermarkets
|Company: Save Mart Supermarkets