Jacobs is searching for an Intermediate Network Administrator Specialist (NA) for designing and implementing a DevOps pipeline to support the software development at Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC). The DevOps Pipeline technology is the state of the art process, technologies and environment to provide low cost high quality software by building security into the software in a continuous integration (CI) / continuous delivery (CD) pipeline.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Member of the DevOps Development Team
- Responsible for designing and implementing a DevOps environment
- Responsible for coordination and preparation of meetings and teleconferences and developing their associated products, such as product backlog, sprint burn down charts, and briefings
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree; or
- Associate's degree with at least 6 years of experience; or
- 60 semester hours of formal education working towards an Associate's or Bachelor's degree and 6 years of experience; or
- 12 years of experience.
- The degree must be in a relevant technical curriculum and experience must be related to the job duties.
- Additional certifications (other than those required for the position) in the area of specialization may be substituted for 1 year of experience.
- Requires a DoD 8570.01M IAT/IAM/IASAE Level II certification.
- Current CompTIA Security+ CE, CCNA, JNCIA
- Must have an active Secret security clearance at time of hire.
- Must be familiar with network and systems administrations concepts, practices and procedures.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of DevOps Key concept
- Experience completing Continuous Integration (CI)/ Continuous Deployment (CD) tasks within Windows & Linux environments.
- Experience installing and configuring Source Code Management applications
- Quality oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of DevOps Key concepts
- Experience with Scripting
- Python, Ruby, Pearl, etc.
- Knowledge On Various DevOps Tools And Technologies
- Configuration Management
- Continuous Integration (CI)/ Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Continuous Testing
- Continuous Monitoring
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code (IoC)
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require filing, typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, included but not limited to: bending, reaching, turning and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distances may be required.
An inside and outside environment (considerations: closed quarters, close together, lighting). Needs to be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
Core work hours will be between 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Monday - Friday.Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required. Travel to and from customer's locations and the test fields may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.
Jacobs is a global technology company, delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. We test, operate, sustain, and secure critical infrastructures and weapons systems using unique technology application and agile software development capabilities to improve mission capability and operational readiness. Jacobs' deep experience with advanced technology systems and our wide-ranging program support capabilities work together to make us a premier partner to aerospace and defense clients at locations around the world.