Executive Director, IT Project Management Job
|Location: Miami, Florida
||Date Posted: 8/26/2019
||Category: Information Technology
|Job Code: R100031716
UHealth IT has an amazing opportunity for an Executive Director, IT Project Management that will have primary responsibility for defining, planning, tracking and managing the projects the PMO is assigned. The PM organization is focused on external clients/customers and projects. The incumbent is responsible for identifying key resources and providing the direction required for meeting the project objectives. He/she is also responsible for ensuring appropriate management, customer and supplier involvement throughout the life of the project. The incumbent possess the ability to lead and motivate people and encourage teamwork, an ability to communicate effectively with senior management, and a clear vision of what determines a successful solution for the customer and for the company. In addition, he/she must have a sufficient technical background to understand the technologies and technical issues involved with the product, to be able to anticipate and identify critical technical obstacles, and to make accurate technology decisions. He/she must also be able to manage project schedules and task details and utilize project management tools such as reports, tracking charts, checklists, and project scheduling software and to delegate appropriately. He/she must be able to manage change and take active leadership in timely decision making. This position reports to the AVP IT, Finance and Operations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for establishing the PMO organization within the UHealth IT department including the supervision of Managers and/or Directors.
- Oversees project management and change management processes, functions, tools and applications.
- Supervises Marketing/Communications leadership to oversee all internal/external communications and marketing strategies.
- Supervises Workforce Engagement and Development Program leadership to develop and oversee initiatives related to employee engagement and professional development.
- Works closely with the UHealth IT CIO to manage and lead strategic planning activities to include organizational, operational, and financial plans that aim to successfully achieve the department's goals and objectives and will facilitate project plan design, implementation, communication, and completion.
- Works with IT and Health System leadership to evaluate, prioritize, and implement innovative technologies in support of organizational goals.
- Works with department leadership to develop and execute plans to accomplish the department's goals and objectives.
- Provides a link to UHealth Leadership to ensure organization-wide focus and attends leadership meetings throughout the Health System.
- Establishes and maintains benchmarks for quality improvement and achieves performance improvement results.
- Evaluates current processes/performance and develops strategies to improve performance and efficiency, standardize processes, and develop and modify core service performance measures.
- Works effectively with providers and other staff to develop and implement common priorities and goals related to providing optimal customer service, maximizing operational efficiency, assuring financial viability and rendering high quality health care services.
- Accountable for the sharing of evaluation, monitoring, and training tools and creating an effective communication strategy within the department that promotes a common understanding of the vision, strategy, and accountabilities.
- Communicates progress to all constituent groups and ensures collaboration of all groups to achieve goals
- Sets a tone of leadership that is people-oriented, collaborative in nature, and focused in data based decision-making.
- Provides coaching and guidance to help lead the department to become more process oriented.
- Promotes a culture of two-way communications.
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
- Master's degree in relevant field required.
Certification and Licensing:
- Professional in Project Management (PMP) or equivalent certification.
- Six Sigma and/or Lean certification is required.
- Minimum of 5 years Project Management Experience (specifically clinical software implementation management) using codified project management and process improvement processes (i.e. PMI, Six Sigma, PRINCE2, Critical Chain Project Management, etc.).
- 3-5 years Clinical Application Analyst Experience or Proficiency/Certification in an EPIC Clinical Application.
- 3+ years leading/mentoring a PMO or Project Managers.
- Strong experience in and understanding of health care IT processes and implementations.
- Experience with Epic systems and implementation is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven ability to develop and implement project management processes and documentation.
- Expert level and comprehensive working knowledge and understanding of healthcare operational processes and job functions pertaining to assigned UHealth IT clinical applications and solutions.
- Expert knowledge of third party partnerships, experienced with managing vendor relationships and contract negotiations.
- Ability to identify, present, and implement new technologies that are ahead of industry/peer trends and follow the market curve to stay on the forefront of Healthcare technology.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning.
- Ability to design and present effective presentations to executive leadership.
- Detailed knowledge of patient health information security practices and HIPAA requirements.
- Proven ability to communicate and build relationships with Physicians, Clinicians, Nurses, Technicians, and administrative staff in effort to successfully gain buy-in and support for implementations and change management initiatives.
- Project management skills including project charter and scope development, change control, understanding milestones and all aspects of project creation, implementation and completion.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and end-user training and support.
- Ability to perform data analytics through data re-engineering, manipulation and organization in order to evaluate, prepare and report information to senior leaders, stakeholders and other internal and external customers.
- The ability to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Robust capabilities with Microsoft applications: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio and MS Project.
- The ability to effectively communicate information and ideas verbally, in writing, and through presentations and diagrams.
- Advanced understanding of both quality assurance and application implementation processes and methodologies with the ability to share knowledge with peers and project team members.
- Ability to run multiple projects efficiently and simultaneously.
- Demonstrated analytical, financial, management, and conceptual skills.
- Knowledge of the clinical revenue cycle and health care operations.
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University of Miami School of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: University of Miami Health System
|Company: University of Miami Health System