Business Systems Analyst Testing Job
|Location: Cleveland, Ohio
||Date Posted: 8/22/2019
||Category: Information Technology
|Job Code: 8894/10022
Coordinate and participate in project reviews, system analysis, enhancements, and testing of a wide range of NGIC applications. Work as a liaison between Information Technology, product managers, compliance, and end-users to successfully deliver system changes. Provide business knowledge and testing support while following defined methodologies for testing and system analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Identify and research current business systems issues and follow established testing procedures for delivery
- Gather and document requirements and create supporting documentation per established procedures
- Analyze project requirements and recommend solutions that meet the needs of both end users and the business
- Drive solutions by developing and maintaining a comprehensive knowledge of systems used by business partners to make recommendations for solutions that focus on business need
- Work with business clients to demonstrate system changes to ensure all relevant needs are met
- Assist business unit with analyzing potential changes or improvements and create supporting documents; may provide feasibility of implementing projects of limited scope
- Create and execute test plans/scripts and verify results; includes functional, system, usability, acceptance, and regression testing
- Provide support to Project Management group and other business units as directed
- Inform Management of any facts, events or information that may impact the success of a project or deliverable
- Prepare formal presentations, and written reports as deemed appropriate
- Develop and implement new databases or spreadsheets for departmental reporting and analysis
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 2+ years of experience in a technology environment
- 2+ years of experience in the role of a BA, QA, or similar position
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle including Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills including meeting facilitation
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- High degree of initiative, mature judgment, and discretion
- Demonstrates the ability to work with others in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- P&C Insurance experience
- Ability to understand and translate user needs into request/ program specifications
- Experience working with Microsoft TFS, Quickbase and Sharepoint applications
- Ability to conduct investigations and Internal and external customer service
- About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: National General Insurance Company
|Company: National General Insurance Company