IT Application Support Analyst Job
|Location: Dallas, Texas
||Date Posted: 8/13/2019
||Category: Information Technology
|Job Code: 8349/9871
Responsible for support and monitoring of the day to day performance of applications in the Operations Applications suite. Support includes performing enhancements and responding to production issues and outages related to the application suite in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Support and maintain applications within the scope of the position
- Comply with standard processes and procedures documentation
- Diagnose and analyze problems in a timely and professional manner
- Execute tasks assigned by supervisor or via service requests assigned to team
- Monitor all production application components to ensure high availability and meet or exceed customer Service Level Agreements
- Contact support teams to assist in incident resolution in relation to system alerts
- Maintaining relationships with key/strategic partners/customers
- Identify opportunities for process, systems and application improvements in a dynamic environment architected to solve problems and improve processes
- Ad hoc SQL reporting
- Mandatory rotating on-call availability
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1+ years of experience in an IT support environment
- General knowledge of software development lifecycle
- High degree of initiative, mature judgment and discretion
- Consistently seeks to develop self and skills needed to be prepared for future opportunities
- Commitment to continuous process improvement
- Problem solving skills
- Must perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environments
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint And Visio)
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Background in IT system monitoring and alerting, as well as, incident management
- Basic knowledge of SQL Queries
- Background supporting Service Management software
- Basic knowledge of scripting languages; VB script, Powershell
- Knowledge of file transfer protocol
- Knowledge of batch process scheduling
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: National General Insurance
|Company: National General Insurance