Buchanan Technologies is hiring multiple Desktop Support Field Technicians for an immediate full-time career opportunity in Sinking Spring, PA!
Summary of Position:
The Field Technician is responsible for supporting PC based computers and related equipment for customers and for providing technical expertise, experience and documentation/project coordination as required to install or repair hardware/software and resolve technical problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and repair hardware and software issues on client PC's and mobile devices using approved methods and processes.
- Install hardware and software for clients.
- Complete necessary internal and client related documentation as required on a daily basis.
- Install/configure/repair network and local printers.
- Train clients on basic computer knowledge.
- Communicate and interact with end users and internal staff to resolve IT related issues
- Interacts with a typically diverse internal and external customers and is required to interpret and communicate complex information
- Works well in a team environment and independently
- Accountable for ticket aging
- Positive and proactive attitude with customer's best interest in mind
Qualification / Requirements:
- Intermediate knowledge of PC desktop support.
- Intermediate knowledge of local and network printer support.
- Basic knowledge of Networking and Windows based servers.
- Customer service related experience.
- Basic knowledge of ticket-based tracking system.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Valid driver's license.
- Dependable transportation.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends and as required.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Education / Training / Experience:
- Minimum of three (4-6) years' experience with Windows 7/10 and PC re-imaging.
- Minimum of three (4-6) year experience with PC and laptop hardware.
- Certification in A+
- ITILv3 certification
- Certification in Server + or Network+
- Certification in Microsoft MCP, MCSA, MCSE
- Certification in Dell Hardware
- Certification in HP Hardware
- Certification in IBM/Lenovo Hardware
- Associate Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Buchanan Technologies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Buchanan Technologies complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.