Senior Business Systems Analyst Job
|Location: Boise, Idaho
||Date Posted: 8/5/2019
||Category: Information Technology
|Job Code: 8650/9704
Works as part of the product management team and engages business units, IT, internal departments and external clients to analyze, understand and document business requirements and implement solutions. Continuously strives to improve efficiency, reduce costs, ensure compliance with regulations, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide clients with quality service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Ensure business requirements are researched, developed and implemented in line with Business Analysis best practices and methodology
- Elicit, understand, and document complex business processes, systems, and related business rules for software applications
- Decompose high-level concepts and information into detailed, workable deliverables
- Develop user test plans and support their execution to ensure that requirements and quality objectives are satisfied for product owners
- Provide clarification concerning business requirements throughout project execution
- Act as a liaison between Program Managers, Project Managers, Product Owners, Marketing, Support and IT teams as appropriate
- Facilitate inter/intra team communication and coordination
- Expand understanding of business domain, products, and processes
- Report time and track tasks
- Performs other business tasks or functions as assigned
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 7+ years in a Business Analyst role
- Strong experience and working knowledge of best practices for Business Analysis
- 3+ years working in an Agile process
- Write clear and concise requirement artifacts
- Create, clarify, and manage user stories
- Translate technology terms into language clients can understand
- Demonstrate expert level of facilitation skills in medium to large group settings and with senior level management
- Work effectively and interact with all levels of the organization including executive leadership
- Adept in analysis and problem-solving
- Can deal with ambiguity and conflicting goals
- Ability to conceptualize, apply, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate information to determine solutions
- Question assumptions to ascertain their validity and evaluate appropriate solutions
- Exhibit the ability to be flexible and work in a rapidly and constantly changing environment
- Manage multiple priorities and assist other in prioritization
- Show systematic and orderly planning skills with a high attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Health Care industry experience
- Insurance Sales experience
- Familiar with SaaS delivery
- Experience using Team Foundation Server (TFS) or similar tools for SDLC tracking
- Certification(s) in Business Analysis, Systems Analysis, or Business Requirements gathering
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: National General Insurance
|Company: National General Insurance