Senior Medical Science Liaison-Immune Cell Therapy-LA/San Fran Job
|Employer Name: Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals
|Location: San Francisco, California
||Date Posted: 8/1/2019
|Job Code: JR000010019
Mallinckrodt is a global specialty pharmaceutical business that develops, manufactures, markets and distributes specialty pharmaceutical products. Areas of focus include therapeutic drugs for autoimmune and rare disease specialty areas like neurology, rheumatology, nephrology, ophthalmology and pulmonology; immunotherapy and neonatal respiratory critical care therapies; and analgesics and central nervous system drugs. The company's core strengths include the acquisition and management of highly regulated raw materials; deep regulatory expertise; and specialized chemistry, formulation and manufacturing capabilities. The company's Specialty Brands segment includes branded medicines; its Specialty Generics segment includes specialty generic drugs, active pharmaceutical ingredients and external manufacturing.
To learn more about Mallinckrodt, visit www.mallinckrodt.com.
Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals (“the Company”) maintains a continuing policy of non-discrimination in employment. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based upon age, ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), disability (mental and physical), marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, national origin (including language use restrictions), political activities or affiliation, race, sex (including pregnancy, child birth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by law. Furthermore, it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to individuals with disabilities and protected veterans in all phases of the employment process and in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations on every location in which the company has facilities. This policy of non-discrimination shall include, but not be limited to, the following employment decisions and practices: recruiting, hiring; promotions; demotions or transfers; layoffs; recalls; terminations; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; selection for training, including apprenticeship; and recruitment or recruitment advertising.
Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals is required to report certain payments or transfers of value (such as expense reimbursement, meals, transportation) made to U.S.-licensed healthcare professionals in compliance with the federal Physician Payment Sunshine Act (i.e. Open Payments) and certain state laws.
A Senior Medical Science Liaison (Sr. MSL) will serve as a liaison to the medical/scientific community and will be responsible for establishing, developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders within the geographic and therapeutic area of coverage - (CA, WA, OR, AZ, NV, HI, ID, AK, Vancouver, BC). This is a field-based Medical Affairs position requiring a strong scientific background (technical or clinical experience) as the Sr. MSL will be a credible source of clinical/scientific data as well as technical/practical education to practicing clinicians, key opinion leaders (KOL), professional societies, and payers. A Senior MSL will be able to demonstrate and apply advanced field based medical and scientific experience and functional skills and subject matter knowledge in supporting medical strategies. The Sr. MSL will be able to maximize and leverage KOL relationships by identifying collaborative opportunities that meet the strategic needs of internal stakeholders. Participates in and contributes to projects and initiatives that increase the value and productivity of the MSL team and Medical Affairs.
Senior MSLs have five key areas of focus:
· KOL Engagement
· HCP Interactions
· Insight Generation
· Internal Project Support
· Teamwork & Leadership
Sr. MSLs have no sales objectives or accountability for prescribing or sales of any MNK product(s) and are required to avoid any situations that could create the appearance that they have such responsibilities.
The Senior MSL responsibilities include all those outlined in the MSL Job Description plus the following:
· Coach and support MSLs to help them gain access to KOLs and develop engagement strategies/plans · Researches and identifies Focus KOLs independently for assigned therapeutic area · Builds and executes a territory plan independently to achieve KOL engagement goals · Complete pre-call planning independently to ensure effective KOL interactions · Engages in scientific exchange with Population-Based Decision Makers as needed
· Respond to MIRFs with an initial contact within 2 days and a full answer within 3 weeks (when a standard response letter doesn’t exist)
· Collect scientific and clinical insights based on scientific information/clinical data sharing to optimize communications and coordinated strategy and tactics across the organization.
· Respond to all requests for directed insights within the expected timeframe · Participate in advisory boards as requested
Internal Project Support
· Contributes scientific content and/or helps build materials in support of Field Medical interactions, a project or initiative
Teamwork & Leadership
· Understand and practice the MNK Values
Department specific/Non-essential responsibilities:
• Must be committed to full compliance with all company SOPs, regulatory requirements, and applicable laws including PhRMA guidelines for field-based personnel.
• Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license
Experience / Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Advanced scientific degree (MD, OD, PhD, PharmD) or clinical degree (NP, PA) preferred; or clinical experience (e.g., RN, RT) if appropriate.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry, other healthcare environment or equivalent experience is required • A minimum of 2 years of prior field medical experience is required.
• Thorough knowledge of medicine, treatment guidelines, clinical research processes, customer strategies, and FDA promotional guidelines, regulations, and ethical guidelines is required.
• Demonstrated ability to access and develop relationships with external stakeholders • Ability to effectively communicate scientific content through 1:1 meetings, small group interactions, and in writing • Demonstrated ability to manage projects including timelines, stakeholders, and risks • Demonstrated ability to build and facilitate effective training programs or field-facing materials • Experience in a mentoring role is preferred • Ability to independently research responses to scientific inquiries • Ability to independently identify KOLs and build effective plans for engaging KOLs in your territory • Must be a strong team player and effectively collaborate with internal departments.
• Work independently
• Patient and partner focus
• Learning ability
• Problem solving
• Relationship building
• Self-awareness and adaptability
• Strategic thinking
This position reports to the National Field Director of MSLs. The MSL may have contact with internal colleagues in marketing, sales, research and development, strategy/portfolio management, regulatory, and medical affairs. External collaboration includes trade associations, professional societies, payers, clinicians, policy thought leaders, and various government personnel and agencies. Collaboration across a matrix organization is required.
Ability to travel, up to 60% of the time
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Web Site: https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=9ceeb1e37acd7801a414e0eb2f9e4d96
|Contact Name: Meg Graham
||Company Type: Employer
|City: San Francisco