Job ID: 53458
If you're looking for a career that will provide a challenging work environment and many opportunities to learn, our company is the place for you. Join our team and become part of company full of exciting opportunities. We help employees achieve their personal best by offering many opportunities that develop and enhance their skills for career advancement.
- The Construction Manager (CM) is responsible for monitoring and managing the site safety and security, project scope, cost and schedule during the construction phase for a project and reports to the Project Manager (PM) or Construction Management Lead.
- All project team members, including contractor or company employees, assigned to the construction phase of a project report to the CM.
- The CM, with appropriate subject matter experts input, assures that the project construction adheres to applicable codes and specifications either company generated or industry standards.
- Experience in General Trades oversight such as site work, paving, concrete, carpentry,
- Experience in Mechanical/Electrical disciplines is a plus
- Facilitates pre-construction meeting emphasizing safety and communicates any schedule or construction recommendations with PM.
- Coordinates Installation activities with multiple groups including installing contractors, quality, engineering, construction, customers and startup-commissioning groups.
- Oversees pre-fab and onsite construction - monitors project safety, scope, quality, risk, schedule, and budget.
- Reports progress daily to the PM.
- Supervises contract inspectors and resolves issues including material, construction and scheduling conflicts.
- Develops punch list and obtains signoff of the turn over check list
- Ensures as-built redline drawings are submitted to Engineering and turned over to Records Management, Engineering, Field Operations when applicable
- Compile and submit close out documentation consistent to standard format provided by PM.
- Experienced in Safety
- Experience and knowledge civil and architectural construction
- Knowledge of field operations
- Knowledge of equipment
- Conflict Management
- Record Management
- Decision Making
- Integrity and Trust
- Managing and Measuring
- Priority Setting
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Technology or Construction Management desired with 10yrs experience
- 10-15 years of field supervision experience would be considered in lieu of a degree
At Fast Switch, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Isn't that cool? Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve, and have a little fun along the way.
We at Fast Switch have been doing this for 22 years. We're doing business in almost half the states in the union with offices in Detroit, MI, Columbus, OH, New York, Hartford, CT, Massachusetts, Minneapolis, MN, Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco, CA, and Tucson, AZ.
We're a financially strong, privately-held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things, and we do them for Fortune 10 companies, Inc. 500 companies, and technology start-ups. We also have a strong belief in giving back to the communities we serve.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefits options you can choose just the benefits that you need or want, options include:
* Medical and Dental (Fast Switch pays majority of the medical program)
* Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
* Long Term Disability (100% paid)
* Life Insurance (100% paid)
* 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
In 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, Fast Switch was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press and one of the Best Staffing Firms in 2016 and 2017. We have won the Columbus Business First "Fast 50" award 9 times in 12 years because of our strong growth which translates into more and better opportunities for our consulting staff members.
Ranked '#1' supplier by over 50% of our customers nationally.
Ranked 'Top 3' supplier by over 75% of our customers nationally.
To view all of our open positions, please go to: www.fastswitch.com and at the bottom of the page click Job Portal, or get there directly at: https://www.jobs.net/jobs/fastswitch/en-us/all-jobs/
You can also follow us on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/fastswitch
And you can become a fan of Fast Switch on Facebook at: http://tinyurl.com/y9y3gdp