AS400 iSeries System Administrator contract available in Bonita Springs, FL.
4-6 month contract with possible extension or conversion to perm.
This iSeries System Administrator will be responsible for day to day system administration of our AS400 system. This position will also lead, participate and advise on AS400 related initiatives.
- Job scheduling
- Perform IPL
- Update certificates
- Add / Maintain / Delete print devices including IP changes.
- Verify / manage cache battery changes
- Re-start subsystems
- Update license keys
- Load monthly updates for our sales tax software
- Purge audit files from our forms software
- Monitor / respond to system messages
- Provide reports / logs as requested to support audits
- Restore files from backup when needed.
- Data refreshes for DEV areas.
- Configure new environments when needed.
- Setup folders on IFS for FTP (MFT).
- Maintain NETIQ entries.
- Install updates of AV.
- Add libraries when needed.
- Copy source files between partitions.
- Troubleshoot issues with MQ / Mulesoft.
- Copy files between environments as needed (for example Inventory).
- Troubleshoot connectivity issues including application connectivity.
- Daily / Weekly / Monthly backups
- Performance Tuning
- System related programming development (main logon menu)
- Supply reports when requested on what printers are connected to the AS400 with IP addresses.
- Minimum of 5 -7 years of relevant work experience with iSeries administration
- Must have iSeries system administration experience
- Understanding of Job scheduling
- RentalMan experience (Preferred)
- Mimix experience (preferred)
- Knowledge of VIOS management (desirable)
- Knowledge of SAN and related interconnectivity (desirable)
- Knowledge of code deployment process with implementer (Desirable)
- Experience with vendor management (Desirable)
- Experience with Disaster Recovery implementation (Desirable)
- Experience leading work effort with minimal supervision
- Must have great customer service skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment
- Experience supporting large enterprise (5000+ users)
Education and Certificates
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- ITIL Certification (Desirable)
If you would like to be considered for this position, please send your resume and contact information to Paul Kincer at pkincer@SNITechnology.com .