Job ID: 44251
Campus Tour and Seating Coordinator
The energy at our company is contagious. We're driven by our immense passion, as we constantly seek out challenges and identify new opportunities. We work hard to connect with our customers and earn their loyalty for life. Bring your talent to our company - our opportunities for growth span the globe. We will give you the training and opportunities to unleash your ambition.
- Responsible for co-ordination of Campus Tours. Management of Tour Calendars.
- Leading Tenant Representative Meetings.
- Responsible for Campus Seating.
- Responsible for Badging Access for the Campus
- In 2017 this group hosted 70 events, 140 tours in total. They expect to be doing more than that over the next year due to an upcoming new space.
- Could be organizing multiple requests in a day. Every day will look different than the next
- In the event that a new project is called into the department for request, they requires 2 weeks from the time of request to facilitation of event
- A Bachelor's degree is required in preferably either Business Planning or Business Administration
- 3 years of planning experience. Relevant planning experience would consist of project management, event planning, or business planning
- Seeking a candidate who has excellent communication skills and a really good planning ability
- Candidates must poses an event planning background
- Candidate's Must be able to learn quickly
- Candidate's must enjoy engaging with people, strong communication skills, very personable
- Be able to work with all subject matter experts (usually engineers) requested/needed for group tour events
- Fielding requests for seating moves, updating the seating system (i.e. ensuring seating changes are conducted in excel. Noting all floors of all buildings on tour route, floor attendees are noted, knowing if a set of cubes are needing to be updated to allow for a desired tour route, etc.)
- Fielding half a dozen requests for badging at a time to ensure all tour guests have necessary guest badges
- Facilitating the coordination and organization of campus tours
- Working with a cross-functional team to get the tour set up
- More than 50% of the day they will spent on the go addressing all items involved in tour coordination.
- Conducting tours
- Take inbound requests for tours of campus
- Obtaining any necessary Personal Protective Equipment that is needed for a tour
- Working with the facilities team as their engagement is needed within the engineering organizations
- The tour route is determined by the tour guide to showcase whatever part of the campus the client is requesting for the event.
- The tours can range anywhere from 30 minutes to half a day dependent upon how many tour stops are there, and what the client needs. Average is an hour
- Facilitation is obtaining subject matter expert, arranging stops, herders, 3-100 people
- Coordinating all of these functions to set the tour up and ensure it goes off flawlessly
- Participating in continuous improvement workshops
- Generating standardized work
- Completing pre-check list for all tours and all events
- Debriefing after tour to ensure all requested items were completed successfully
- Follow up items for improvement
- The goal is for 0 safety incidents on every tour/event
- High energy
- Very fast passed
- Working on a team of 4 people
- Campus has 4,500 people in total
Preferred Work Schedule:
Due to the Nature of this position 1st shift flexibility is required. 7:30 AM until 4:00PM for regular daily routine, start and end time can vary based on the Customer requirements for Tours
Fast Switch, Ltd., delivering the Right Talent at the Right Time for over 21 years. We are an IT Consulting company with offices in Detroit, MI, Columbus, OH, Cleveland, OH, Cincinnati, OH, New York, Hartford, CT, Massachusetts, Minneapolis, MN, Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco, CA, and Tucson, AZ. We're doing business in almost half the states in the union.
We're a financially strong, privately-held company that is 100% consultant and client focused. You are our most important asset!
We've differentiated ourselves by being creative, flexible, and fast. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company.
We're different. Our consultants and clients tell us so, and it's our great people who make the difference! We do unique things, and we do them for Fortune 10 companies, Inc. 500 companies, and technology start-ups. We also have a strong belief in giving back to the communities we serve.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefits options you can choose just the benefits that you need or want, options include:
* Medical and Dental (Fast Switch pays majority of the medical program)
* Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
* Long Term Disability (100% paid)
* Life Insurance (100% paid)
* 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
In 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017, Fast Switch was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press and one of the Best Staffing Firms in 2016 and 2017. We have won the Columbus Business First "Fast 50" award 9 times in 12 years because of our strong growth which translates into more and better opportunities for our consulting staff members.
To view all of our open positions, please go to: www.fastswitch.com and at the bottom of the page click Job Portal, or get there directly at: https://www.jobs.net/jobs/fastswitch/en-us/all-jobs/
You can also follow us on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/fastswitch
And you can become a fan of Fast Switch on Facebook at: http://tinyurl.com/y9y3gdp