This Scientist III position is a mid-level opportunity in Jacobs Technology Group's growing Government Operations Directorate based in Research Triangle Park, NC. The employee will have exposure to multiple projects supporting Jacobs' Research Laboratory Support (RLS) contract at the US EPA's Office of Research and Development laboratories in Research Triangle Park, NC. This contract provides on-site support to EPA's National Risk Management Research Laboratory's Air and Energy Management Division and the National Homeland Security Research Center's Decontamination Consequence Management Division. The employee will be responsible for lab work, fieldwork, data processing and presentation.
Duties will include:
- Performing applied scientific activities relative to the research, design and development of lab and field projects.
- Designing prototype lab-scale/bench-scale experimental apparatus and systems
- Reviewing and evaluating analysis data concerning the needs, requirements, and operation for (test) project design and support.
· Preparing technical reports, procedures, and proposals. Making recommendations regarding changes and revisions to task leader
· Developing, implementing, and managing environmental and biochemical decontamination techniques research projects
· Conducting hands-on bench-scale and pilot-scale experiments
· Developing test protocols, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
· Preparing reports to document experimental procedures and findings
Writing and disseminating research results in the form of government reports and/or referenced technical papers
- BS in Chemical/Mechanical/Environmental Engineering or other scientific discipline with four years' experience or MS with two years' experience in a laboratory setting
- Proficiency in the MS Office platform
- Valid driver's license
- Experience in running prototype lab-scale/bench-scale experimental apparatus and systems
- Able to independently perform most assignments with minimal guidance
Additional consideration given for:
- Experience in managing government projects, and conducting research in the in the fields of chemical and biological decontamination research
Experience on sampling and decontamination methods, which include pesticides, chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear terrorism threats.