Are you interested in being part of a team that configures, operates, and maintains the network and IT infrastructure for the U.S. Air Force 96th Test Wing and 53rd Wing? If so, join the Jacobs team and directly impact the Air Force's ability to put weapons on target in all battlespace media.
- The 96th Test Wing is the test and evaluation center for Air Force air-delivered weapons, navigation and guidance systems, Command and Control systems, and Air Force Special Operations Command systems.
- The 53rd Wing is the focal point for the combat air forces in electronic warfare and is responsible for operational test and evaluation (OT&E) of advanced equipment and systems.
Both Wings are headquartered at Eglin AFB, FL, adjacent to the white-sand beaches and crystal-clear waters of Northwest Florida's Emerald Coast.
We are seeking a qualified Software Engineer / Windows platform desktop and client/server applications developer to support the 53rd Wing Technical Support Services (53rd WTSS) contract. This contract provides the Air Force support services in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, security, and test & evaluation.
*Position may be eligible for a one-time sign on bonus in the amount of $10,000 (to new hires starting on or before August 30, 2019). You will be informed whether this position qualifies upon interview, and if the position qualifies, it will be confirmed in the subsequent offer letter for consideration.
The successful candidate will develop desktop and client/server applications with C#, ASP.Net, and SQL Server, troubleshoot and fix customer issues and deploy software applications at customer sites.
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance with DCID 6/4 eligibility within 5.5 years at the time of application and be willing to submit to a CI polygraph.
- DOD 8570.01-M IASAE-I / II (exceptions may be possible with customer approval).
- Three or more years of relevant application development experience.
- Understanding of relational databases and ability to interface applications to databases.
- Strong ability to deploy software and database to customer sites.
- Ability to communicate with customers to diagnose and resolve technical customer issues.
- Unit testing experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Professional experience building Windows platform desktop and client/server applications using C#, ASP.Net, XML, HTML, SQL is highly desired.
- Experience developing platform agnostic applications.
- Technical knowledge and writing ability for writing requirements, design and deployment documentations is highly desired.
- Strong experience optimizing SQL stored procedures and functions.
- Web development experience interfacing with Microsoft Tools (Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.).
- Development experience such as VB.Net, JQuery, Infragistics, JSon, AJAX, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Experience working on a government site.
- Familiarity with ITIL.
- Knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Ability to quickly adapt to new situations.
- Ability to work well in a project team environment.
- Ability to multi-task; easily adapt to changing work environment.
- Ability to work effectively with strong, diverse personalities.
- Demonstrated ability to offer exceptional customer service.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Capacity to work unsupervised.
Office setting that includes sedentary physical effort. However, may include lifting of weight up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary. Must be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions. Work site is located at Eglin AFB, Florida.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distance may be required.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to work site is required. Travel to and from customer's locations may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.