IT Software Category Manager Job
|Location: Glendale, Wisconsin
||Date Posted: 7/29/2019
||Category: Information Technology
|Job Code: BBBH30093
- The IT Software Category Manager is a Global IT Procurement role focusing on strategic sourcing and steady-state category management in the IT Software and IT Services categories, Enterprise-wide. This will include collaborating with Information Technology and Operations stakeholders to develop strategic plans leveraging third parties.
- By leveraging our capabilities in strategic sourcing and Procure-to-Pay (P2P) operations, you will ensure that the company is maximizing value by reducing costs, increasing the quality of service delivery, minimizing risk and leveraging standardized solutions.
- Develop 3-5 year global IT Software and Services Procurement strategies, including key suppliers, market influencers on cost, technology opportunities, risks and strategic direction, etc.
- Lead centralized global and regional IT procurement activity for all software and services needs. Coach and support regional Indirect Procurement teams with acquisition of regional IT software and services
- Partner with leadership in the company and other key stakeholders, such as IT Operations, to develop and execute strategic and tactical plans to drive maximum value for technology-driven suppliers in diverse areas such as on premise licensed software, Cloud (SaaS) computing, data center operations, IT implementation services, maintenance, etc.
- Lead strategic sourcing activities, including but not limited to: developing appropriate negotiation strategies, strengthening supplier relationship, spend analysis (benchmarking, supply market analysis, supplier analysis, RFI/RFP building, baseline analysis, contracting, outsourcing & offshoring, product lifecycle management, building business cases)
- Provide thought leadership and guidance to the company in the area of Strategic sourcing, executive engagement, and procurement operations, including areas such as Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Processing Automation
- Maintain awareness of key market trends and pricing as well as the availability of new products. Recommends and/or counsels others on these changes and innovations. Advise key stakeholder partners on current and future price, availability and delivery schedules
- Proactively identify opportunities, via sourcing, substitution, etc., to reduce costs, increase/improve services, and/or manage risk
- Conduct market research and provide key subject matter expertise on IT software and services operations
- Ensure the optimal Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for each major IT product and/or service
- Manage direct and/or indirect reports including acting as a mentor to junior team members
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to ensure supplier relationship program compliance
- Keep company's vision and values at the forefront of decision-making and action. Use interpersonal style and methods to guide individuals toward higher levels of performance
- Lead cost management effort with key business executives and partner stakeholders
- Lead quarterly and annual business reviews with key suppliers and internal stakeholders to address issues, costs, delivery, performance, etc.
- Participate in business planning process to support business and category goals, and core metrics
- Support and comply with Procurement policies and procedures
- Bachelor's Degree required in Supply Chain Management, IT, Business, Finance, or Mfg Operations; Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in strategically sourcing and providing category management services for Information Technology spend categories (On premise software, Cloud (SaaS) computing, data center operations, etc.); significant experience in negotiating master agreements, Statements of Work (SOW) and addendums with major OEM and VAR providers
- Extensive strategic experience in holistically approaching categories and sourcing events (balancing cost, risk and performance)
- Strong project management skills: ability to manage large complex projects involving multiple business/ organization unit disciplines; utilizes project plans and methodology, has proven track record of implementation of projects
- Ability to develop influencing relationship with varying levels of management and individual contributors from various business units
- Significant experience in drafting and negotiating complex contracts valued in excess of $3M for assigned categories of spend. Clear understanding of contractual terms and conditions
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with all levels of management
- Ability to think strategically while fostering best practice initiatives to leverage corporate buying power
- Deep subject matter expertise for assigned Spend Categories
- Proficient negotiation and financial modeling skills
- Ability to root cause problem/issues and provide solutions/options support with fact-based/data driven analysis
- Able to balance and prioritize multiple high priority projects
- Able to influence and lead others within the department, business units, and various support units
- Must be flexible to work outside of normal business hours to support global operations
- Experience in driving business operational reviews to improve efficiency and drive cost reduction; lead development and execution of the re-engineering of business operations
- CPM, CPSM or equivalent highly preferred
- SAP preferred
- Prior supervisory or management experience preferred
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Caitie at 646-415-8355 for additional information.
Approx. Duration: 6 months
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.
We work hard to match our candidates with the right career opportunities. Let us find you a #MatrixMatch so you can reach your career goals!
Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!
Hired by Matrix Career Center: https://www.hiredbymatrix.com/find-work/open-positions/
Position Type: Contractor
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: Hired by Matrix, Inc.
|Company: Hired by Matrix, Inc.