|Location: Orlando, Florida
||Date Posted: 7/26/2019
|Wage: Up to $0.00 per year
||Category: Information Technology
|Job Code: 355967
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
POSITION: Supervisor, Global Service Center
REPORTS TO: Director, Global IT Services and Americas Service Center
The Service Desk Supervisor will manage the service desk day-to-day operations and coach team members in understanding how to address various types of questions from users who are having trouble or seeking advice.
The primary responsibility is fast, effective customer service and fostering a customer-focused approach to problem solving within the team. The Service Desk Supervisor is responsible for staffing the service desk (to include on-call support), for developing skills and for motivating team members to deliver high quality and consistent support services, and to set, maintain and report on service support standards. He or she will be knowledgeable about service center tools and software, and committed to delivering service improvement.
The service desk supervisor is also responsible for Tier 1 incident and problem management -- with responsibility for ensuring there is a clearly defined and executed process in place for handling customer incidents, as well recording, tracking, addressing, resolving and reporting of the incidents.
- Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers.
- Develop and maintain installation, operations, and configuration procedures.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware and software.
- Apply operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Perform ongoing workstation performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Manage the creation / implementation / upkeep of the Service Center Knowledge Management documentation, change management documentation, and configuration of systems.
- Maintains accurate inventory, asset information and various other asset records in accordance with department policy and procedures.
- Develop and maintain workflow automations
- Additionally, asset management is a primary responsibility of the position, to include the entering, removal, updating, reporting, and managing the IT Assets within the organization. Develop and implement a lifecycle asset replacement program
- Understand and adhere to ITIL best practices in transforming the IDT department to a center of excellence. Write, update evaluate, adhere to and enforce policies and procedures
- Accountable for adhering to and the reporting of the service center KPI's and metrics. Maximize efficiencies in team performance.
- Advise management on situations that may require additional client support or escalation.
- Consistently provide excellent customer service. Manage so the others in the team conform to the same standard.
- Communicates to the customer the status of requests and incidents for technical assistance as well as establishes a service level expectation with them.
- Follow all relevant standards and procedures.
- Manage thoroughly documented incident descriptions, activities and resolutions.
- Effectively prioritize and manage multiple incidents and requests as assigned.
- Provide adhoc technical and service center customer-focused training to end-users as occasionally required.
- Maintain a professional, energetic, customer-focused environment within the team.
- Prepare service level reports as required.
- Develop and mature Service Desk processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization.
- Guides less-experienced Service Desk Technicians in locating the necessary tools and process to identify troublesome trends as they develop.
- Assists in developing strategic plans and identifies key success factors, setting priorities, and allocating resources to achieve service level objectives.
- Serve as an after-hours, on-call support representative in taking calls, reviewing logs, triaging for action, and pushing Severity 1 and Severity 2 issues to the appropriate support team, high priority and executive support.
- Assist in systems implementation and / or training to meet operational requirements.
- Lead, facilitate and/or participate in IT related projects as directed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Position requires minimal travel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate's Degree in Computer Science or a closely related field; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience;
- CompTia A+ Certification
- Expertise with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Access expected
- Three (3) or more years of progressively knowledgeable, responsible and skilled experience in a Service Desk or IT Services environment.
- Proven ability to provide support via phone, web chat, and remote access as well as in person.
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager or MCSA Certification
- ITIL v3 Foundations
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver's License.
- TWB MEP completion recommended.
- Must be energetic and personable, with a drive to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to understand and follow established standards and procedures. Occasionally write or update policies and or procedures. Willingness to share ideas to improve procedures or standards.
- Must have excellent writing and verbal communications skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to handle concurrent projects successfully.
- Must have the ability to work with all levels of diverse clientele under stressful conditions while maintaining composure and a positive attitude. Must work well with others to accomplish business goals; strong teamwork behaviors.
- Excellent analytical skills are important.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
|Contact Name: SNI Technology
|Company: SNI Technology