Join us as a Customization Design Operations Specialist to make an impact supporting world-class brands including our 7 leadership brands: OXO®, Hydro Flask®, Vicks®, Braun®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Hot Tools®. Our outstanding products elevate people’s lives everywhere, every day.
What You’ll Be Doing:
You will facilitate day-to-day production for Engraving, Printing, MyHydro, & Shipping/Receiving. Responsibilities can differ from day-to-day. Being a World Class Leader while reducing scrap and killing it with lead-times is essential! Being flexible, try new things, and having a can-do attitude are key! Ensuring only the highest quality product ships to the customer and saving the world from Lukewarm!
Operations Specialist Key Responsibilities:
- Update orders as "In Process" once they are received; and maintain organization of physical paperwork.
- Maintain order status within Netsuite/Oracle as they flow through the process.
- Monitor physical orders as they come in and out of the customization space, ensuring that orders are processed in sequential order
- Check production proof(s) against Adobe Illustrator file to make sure they correspond.
- Pilot a test bottle (if deemed necessary) and make applicable speed/power/print adjustments before running entire order.
- Clean and prepare bottles, repackage for quality inspection and eventual shipping
- Perform quality check of Engraving/Print/MyHydro orders meet internal expectations.
- Perform quality check on 100% of outbound orders.
- Perform required daily/weekly/monthly machine maintenance (cleaning mirrors/lenses, dusting, cleaning print heads, greasing bearings, etc)
- Maintain preventative maintenance checklist and initial and date once complete; notify PCM if out of the ordinary issues are discovered
- Maintain “Quality Inspection Report” checklist, looking for potential defects.
- Update photo of bottle from finished order along with completed report.
- Track issues and defects on "Quality Inspection Report" sheets which are turned into Product Customization Manager for compiling. Compiled information is then analyzed by Product Support Engineer.
- Train less experienced Customization Techs on established production methods and quality standards; temporary Tech(s) as necessary.
- Troubleshoot daily issue as they arise; regarding orders, factory bottle defects, etc.
- Perform all job requirements in a safe efficient manner
- Promote company objectives and goals; be a role model for co-workers
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements for Consideration:
- High School Diploma or relevant experience
- Knowledge of Graphic Design and Product Customization (specifically laser engraving)
- Knowledge of computer software, such as; Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, CorelDraw, Microsoft Word and Excel and ERP software. Note – Netsuite experience
- Knowledge of laser engraving, screen printing, pad printing, and digital printing
- Ability to problem-solve organize, and coordinate operational solutions
- Ability to work well with others in a respectful and diplomatic way, adhering to company values.
- Ability to 50 lbs. stooping, bending, walking.
- Ability to stock and organize products safely and accordingly, as some items are fragile
- Ability to review and process shipping documents
- Ability to help with process/logistics improvement efforts
- Ability to follow the safety rules and regulations as warranted by OSHA
- Ability to withstand warehouse settings (varying temperatures)
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
For more information about who we are and what we do, click here.
You can also find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Facebook, and Twitter.
Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you, as one of our employees or as an applicant for employment, have any questions about our Affirmative Action Plan, please contact Human Resources during regular business hours.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000.